New 5View Service Data Manager Release Offers Integrated Cisco AVC Support and SLA Reporting
to Enrich VPN, Internet and Cloud Services and Improve the Customer Experience
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—May 2, 2013—Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that the latest version of 5View Service Data Manager (SDM) will be made generally available on May 13, 2013, coinciding with the start of TM Forum’s Management World conference in Nice, France. Infovista’s application visibility services solution is designed to help communications service providers (CSPs) enhance their business offerings, to improve the customer experience and generate additional revenues.
Enterprises are under increasing pressure to deliver superior application performance to their business customers, but are challenged due to their increasingly complex technology environments and greater reliance on CSP-provided wide area networks. CSPs are well positioned to relieve this strain by offering greater visibility into and managing the performance of not just enterprises’ networks, but also their applications.
With Infovista’s 5View SDM, CSPs can benefit from the solution’s customer-facing portal and alarm capabilities empowering business customers with real-time, detailed application performance information crucial for troubleshooting, service/application usage analysis, traffic engineering and capacity planning. The comprehensive, intuitive visibility enabled by 5View SDM drives both incremental revenue growth and the growth of CSPs’ VPN, Internet, and cloud business services.
The latest release of 5View SDM comes with pre-built integration for Cisco Application Visibility & Control (AVC)—part of the Cisco Integrated Services Routers with Application Experience (Cisco ISR-AX)—as well as for Alcatel-Lucent 5670 RAM. This provides CSPs with multiple options to launch application-aware services leveraging CE- or PE-based architectures, various vendor flow technologies including Netflow, Flexible Netflow, sflow, jflow and IPFIX as well as use Infovista’s own DPI appliances in the data center, and in turn, offer enhanced application usage and performance visibility for enterprise customers.
- 5View SDM enables application delivery and network management teams to take a unified approach to managing application performance, reducing the potential for costly outages. Architected as a scalable platform, 5View SDM’s data collection and reporting engine is designed to process the massive volumes of real-time data generated by thousands of flow and application measurement sources found in today’s CSP and enterprise networks, and quickly determine the source of degraded performance.
- 5View SDM comes integrated with Infovista’s IT and network performance management software solution, VistaInsight for Networks. Major CSPs across the world have leveraged this integration by providing unified visibility of infrastructure and applications to their enterprise customers, while improving internal operational efficiencies.
- Leveraging Infovista’s solution, CSPs and large enterprise IT organizations are able to significantly increase visibility into application performance and consistently achieve high-quality application and service delivery from the data center to the network edge. For instance, Telstra has launched an intelligent reporting service that details how and what applications consume data and gives enterprise customers the ability to easily manage the performance of its private IP network offering.
“With the dynamic nature of cloud and virtualization technologies as well as the massive amount of data growth, enterprises are daunted by end users’ demand for superior application performance. 5View SDM can enable CSPs to play a larger role as a technology partner for enterprises and to rise to the challenge of delivering comprehensive, real-time application visibility and performance management,” said Vikas Trehan, senior vice president, service assurance product line and alliances, Infovista. “Our robust platform and feature set, including multi-tenant collection, analysis and presentation capabilities, have proven capable of improving enterprise customers’ satisfaction and increasing CSPs’ business service revenues.”
- Infovista will be exhibiting at TM Forum’s Management World conference, taking place May 13-16 in Nice, France. To book a meeting, please contact Dina Rodrigues at [email protected], or visit booth #10 while on-site.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.