Infovista SAS with registered office in 23 avenue Carnot, 91300 Massy, France, and which can be contacted at the email address [email protected]) (“Infovista” or “Data Controller”), in its capacity of data controller, wishes to inform the users of its Website www.Infovista.com (the “Website”) that the Data to them referred or referable are processed by Infovista in compliance with the current regulations concerning the processing of Data and, specifically, with UE Regulation n. 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”).
In particular, this privacy information notice on the processing of Data (hereinafter, “Privacy Notice”) describes the purposes and means of the processing of the Data that are collected through our Website and that are referred or referable to the users who navigate and consult such Website (hereinafter, the “Users” or the “Data Subjects”) pursuant to art. 13 of the GDPR.
2. WHAT AND WHO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE COVERS?
Infovista is the data controller of the Data collected from the User through the Website and the services provided through the Website, that is processed in compliance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and the relevant provisions of law. Accordingly, this Privacy Notice applies to all Users.
3. WHAT KIND OF DATA DOES INFOVISTA COLLECTS ABOUT THE USER?
Infovista processes the following types of Data relating to the Users:
- personal details, including name and surname, previous occupation details, as well as the role held in the company/entity to which the Data Subject belongs;
- the contact details, including the address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- navigation data relating to the IP address, identification codes of the devices used by the User for the use of the pages or services, data relating to the characteristics of the browser and the access timing
Personal Data may include the following, as applicable.
For the purposes of (i) receiving email communications on Infovista, its solutions, products, services and events, and (ii) of being contacted for surveys, for the pre-booking of Infovista events and for sales prospections and/or solicitations, the information collected is:
- Name, first name, last name*
- Work e-mail address*
- Work phone number*
- Job Title*
It is also specified that Your Personal Data may be collected indirectly by Infovista’s data vendors which have rightfully transferred such data to Infovista (“Data Vendors”). Personal Data collected indirectly may include Your:
- Name, first name
- Work e-mail address
- Work phone number
- Job Title
- IP address
- Web-browsing statistics
- These Personal Data originate from BrightTALK, Clara, Discover.org, ELEVATE, Hoovers, Informa, International Data Group, Lightreading, Networld Media Group, Rainking, SDxCentral, TechTarget, TMCnet are collected for the purposes set forth hereinafter.
For the purposes of being contacted by Infovista or requesting a demonstration or test, the information collected is:
- Name,* first name
- Work e-mail address*
- Work phone number*
- Job Title*
For the purposes of submitting either a spontaneous job application or applying for a job offer or an internship opportunity featured on the website of Infovista, the information collected to create a candidate page is:
- E-mail address* and password* (to access the candidate page)
- Résumé* and cover letter
- Choice of country(ies) by the applicant*
- Name*, first name,* date of birth*
- Address,* postal code,* town/city,* phone number*
- Position sought*, contract type sought,* location (country)*
- Level of education,* name of educational establishment/institution*
- Language 1, language 2
- Main experience and length of such experience
- Level of experience in the position sought*
- Box to be ticked “if you wish to be identified as a person with a disability”
- Source of information prompting your application*
4. WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING?
Infovista processes the Data of the User for the following purposes:
a) the provision of the services offered through the Website, including the reply to the User's request of information or assistance;
b) submitting either a spontaneous job application or applying for a job offer or an internship opportunity featured on the Website of Infovista;
c) the development and improvement of the services offered through the Website;
d) the compliance with the applicable national/EU laws and/or respond to request from public and government authorities;
(the purposes from letters a) to e are jointly referred to as "Contractual Purposes")
e) exercising or defending legal claims in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure;
f) complete a potential merger, sale of assets or transfer of all or a material part of its business, by disclosing and transferring the User's Data to the third party or parties involved in the transaction as part of the transaction;
(the purpose as per letters f) and g) above are jointly referred to as "Legitimate Interest Purposes")
g) with the User prior consent, the delivery of direct marketing communications concerning products and services of Infovista (e.g., sending of advertising materials, market researches). The communications, may be sent by both automated (e.g., SMS, MMS, fax, calling systems, email and web applications) and traditional (e.g., calls by human operators) means of contact;
h) with the User prior consent, the delivery of marketing communications customized to the User interests and needs by means of the channels of communication set out under letter g) above;
(the purposes of letter h) is referred to as "Marketing Purposes").
5. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DOES INFOVISTA PROCESS THE USER'S DATA?
The processing of Data for the Contractual Purposes is essential for registering on the Website, enjoying the services offered by Infovista, providing demonstrations or tests requested by the User and responding to Users’ requests. Should the User not provide its Data with regard to the Contractual Purposes, Infovista will not be able to provide the User with the services as made available on the Website.
6. HOW DOES INFOVISTA PROCESS THE USER'S DATA?
User's Data will be processed both electronically and/or manually, in any case in such a way as to guarantee the security, protection and confidentiality of the data, thanks to appropriate administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
7. WHO CAN HAVE ACCESS TO THE USER'S DATA?
Data will not be disclosed in any way, while they may be communicated to the following subjects located both inside and outside the European Union:
a) the personnel belonging to Infovista as well as other persons in charge of their processing which are duly appointed within the companies of the Infovista Group;
b) external subjects, appropriately appointed as external data processors, including providers of ancillary and support services to those carried out by Infovista, within the limits strictly necessary to carry out the tasks entrusted to them (in particular, software or systems maintenance company, companies operating in the marketing and communications sector, administrative and tax consultancy consultants);
c) other companies belonging to the group Infovista is part of and/or subjects transferring a company or business, companies resulting from possible mergers or any other transformation involving Infovista, acting as autonomous data controllers;
d) public bodies whose right to access the Data is provided for by the applicable legislation, acting as independent data controllers.
The complete and updated list of the data processors is available upon request to the Data Controller’s contact details, by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
8. ARE DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
The User Data may be transferred to countries within and outside the European Economic Area. For transfers from EU to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, Infovista has put in place appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect the Users' Data. Accordingly the Users' Data are transferred in compliance with the requirements and the obligations provided by applicable data protection laws, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission as per Articles 45 and 46 of the Privacy Regulation.
For further information with regard to the appropriate or suitable safeguards and the means by which to obtain a copy of them, the User can contact Infovista with the modalities as per this Privacy Notice.
9. WHICH IS THE RETENTION PERIOD APPLYING TO THE USER'S DATA?
Data will be stored only for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected as set out above and, more specifically:
- with regards to Contractual Purposes, for the time necessary for the management of the Data Subject's request and for the following 10 years;
- with regards to Legitimate Interest Purposes, for the entire duration of the Data Subject’s request management and for the following 10 years, in the event the Data are necessary to protect and enforce the Data Controller’s rights against the Data Subject and/or third parties in any legal disputes. In the event the processing is aimed at carrying out activities functional to the transfer of a company or business, acquisitions, mergers or other transformations, the retention periods above will apply with respect to the main processing performed;
- with regards to Marketing Purposes, for 2 years from the last interaction with the User (e.g. signing up for the newsletter, opening of a commercial e-mail, etc.).
At the end of the retention periods above, Data will be deleted or anonymized.
10. WHAT ARE THE USER'S RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO DATA?
The User, as data subject, can, at any time, exercise the following rights pursuant to art. 15-22 of the GDPR:
- Receiving confirmation if there is any Data processing taking place and, if so, obtaining access to such Data, know the related origin, the purposes of the processing and its methods, as well as the logic applied to the processing carried out by electronic means;
- obtaining the update of the Data, and the rectification of incorrect Data without unjustified delay. Considering the purposes of the processing, data subjects have the right to obtain the integration of incomplete Data, even by supplying a supplementary declaration;
- obtaining the erasure of Data without unjustified delay;
- obtaining the limitation of the processing, provided that the conditions of art. 18 of the GDPR are met;
- obtaining the Data portability, meaning receiving in a structured, common use, readable format from automatic device, the Data to him/her referred that had been previously supplied to the Data Controller;
- objecting, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of the Data according to art. 6, par. 1, letter e) or f) of the GDPR. In this case, the Data Controller will stop processing further the Data, provided there are no compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing, which override the interests, rights and on freedoms of the Data Subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- not being subject to a decision based only on automatized processing, producing legal effects in your regards or similarly significantly affects your person, pursuant to art. 22 of the GDPR;
- addressing to the relevant data protection authority to lodge a complaint, shall you consider your Data to have been processed unlawfully.
Requests for the exercise of rights may be made in writing to the Data Controller, who can be contacted at the following e-mail address [email protected]
11. CHANGES AND UPDATES
This Privacy Notice is valid from the date of update indicated below. However, Infovista may subsequently update and/or integrate this Privacy Notice, also as consequence of possible subsequent amendments and/or integrations of the applicable laws.