PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—January 11, 2014 – Ercom, the leading provider of 4G LTE eNodeB validation and optimization solutions, and InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that they have partnered to bring to the market the first demonstration platform that combines the realism of radio planning data with the dynamic and load capability of real-time emulation.
This demonstration platform bridges together radio planning data and load emulation in the lab, to allow enhanced emulation of field conditions, and a better quality prediction of network coverage. In summary, Mentum Planet brings more realism to Ercom’s Mobipass, which in turn, provides Mentum Planet with a better understanding of eNobeB behavior. Ultimately, this results in more accurate network coverage and capacity simulations.
This integration is a breakthrough in the traditional methodology of radio access network deployment that primarily relies on static RF planning and field testing. This new approach reduces the risks and costs of deployment through improved control in the lab while using real network conditions.
With this integration, Ercom and InfoVista bring network emulation to the next level and are paving the way in new areas of validation and optimization, such as field replay for better troubleshooting, virtual drive test, eICIC benchmarking, and multi-vendors network support.
- “The increased complexity of the LTE network topology, driven by the rollout of small cells along with the fast-paced LTE technology roadmap, is leading to a strong demand for efficient real-world testing capabilities,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas & APAC sales and chief marketing officer, InfoVista. “This collaboration with Ercom allows us to help mobile operators in their quest to increase the performance of their radio access networks.”
- “A realistic LTE network emulation solution is key to improving network performance as it allows for lab testing that truly emulates real-world performance," said Guy Lecurieux Lafayette, VP Marketing at Ercom. "Our approach, for example, allows a mobile operator to test the performance of a LTE network in a dense urban city like Tokyo and anticipate the user experience in the field, considering thousands of subscribers in a complex heterogeneous environment."
- Ercom’s Mobipass includes thousands of emulated UEs with embedded Advanced MUCE, a unique per-UE RF channel emulator designed with scheduler testing in mind. It also includes quality of service and quality of experience measurement to evaluate end-user perception. It has unparalleled usability based on years of experience enabling different traffic mixes and different mobility profiles than could be used for example in non-regression testing of new RAN software releases.
- Mentum Planet is a proven solution used by more than 150 leading mobile operators worldwide for wireless access network planning and design. By leveraging Mentum Planet’s state-of-the-art 3D modelling capabilities, network planning and optimization engineers can select the best deployment scenarios, automate network design and manage large-scale networks. Mentum Planet recently received top recognition in the Fierce Innovation Awards for its network planning and design and network optimization capabilities in regards to the deployment of small cells.
- Visit Ercom (Hall 7, Booth 7J40) and InfoVista (Hall 7, Booth 7G40) at Mobile World Congress 2014 to see the demonstration platform at work.
- To schedule a meeting with Ercom and InfoVista, contact Holly Tyrrell (email@example.com), Dana Corson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Matthew Dunkling (email@example.com). Alternatively call +44 (0)1636 812152.
ERCOM is a telecom solution provider, dedicated to improve usage and confidence in telecommunication networks. For more than 25 years, ERCOM teams have developed high-end telecommunication technologies and solutions. Today ERCOM is dedicated to two main product lines: 4G network validation systems and secure communication solutions. To find out more about ERCOM solutions, please visit www.ercom.com or contact Guy Lecurieux Lafayette - +220.127.116.11.50.50.
InfoVista is the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions that enable efficient network and IT transformations in today's fast-paced digital world. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and large enterprises to ensure a high-quality user experience by guaranteeing business-critical application performance and achieving optimal network performance. InfoVista’s expertise and innovations provide more than 1,500 global customers with a new level of actionable application and network intelligence, visibility and control across all services, all technologies, and all domains of both the fixed and mobile networks. Using our solutions, they deliver high-performing and differentiated services, plan and optimize networks to match application and service demands, and streamline network operations while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.