Ipanema’s Autonomic Networking System 8 guarantees performance of individual Skype for Business, MS Office 365 and Google Apps features over the network
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia – September 16th, 2014 – InfoVista, the global leader of network performance orchestration software solutions, today announces the latest version of Ipanema’s Autonomic Networking System (ANS), ANS 8, increases visibility and control for Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps.
“As enterprises adopt cloud based, peer-to-peer and demanding applications, a more sophisticated approach to guaranteeing the performance of those applications is needed”, said Matthieu Silbermann, Product Management Director, Ipanema solutions, at InfoVista. “With this release, our customers can rely on Ipanema, InfoVista’s Application Performance guarantee solution, to ensure each and every user of Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365 or Google Apps sub-feature whether it be video-conferencing, voice, email, screen or file sharing, will receive expected quality of service for an excellent user experience over the WAN.”
With Ipanema’s ANS version 8, enterprises can regain control of application usages and ensure adoption for Skype for Business, Google Apps or Microsoft Office 365 thanks to a unique integrated platform that:
- Guarantees the performance of each and every individual critical application flow;
- Dynamically adapts to the real usage and conditions of the network such as congestion, quality of MPLS or Internet, number of employees and evolution of usage;
- Differentiates, prioritizes and delivers granular visibility for Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps sub-features according to their business criticality;
- Manages inbound internet traffic to protect critical SaaS applications from recreational Web traffic;
- Delivers ‘Zero touch’ installation of our appliances in branch-offices, and automatically updates network topology by self-learning new network subnets.
Owing to these new functionalities, enterprises can:
- Quickly and successfully migrate legacy applications to the cloud, using Internet local breakout as the shortest path;
- Deliver excellent end-user experience for voice, video calls and SaaS applications;
- Easily identify and manage business and recreational traffic over MPLS and Internet, ensuring business applications will be served first and protected;
- Understand the usage and performance for each sub-feature of Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps and communicate clear dashboards to the business units.
Ipanema’s ANS 8 also reduces operational costs by simplifying on-site installation, reducing deployment & in-life operations workloads by around 50 per cent, cutting time to service enablement and avoiding configuration errors.
“Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps significantly increase pressure on the WAN and vastly complicate IT infrastructure”, said Matthieu Silbermann, “In order to take full advantage of all the expected benefits of their application investment, from cost reduction, productivity increase to ease of management, IT organizations need to ensure widespread user adoption by ensuring their performance and end-user experience over MPLS and the Internet, prioritizing them over hungry and non-critical apps.”
InfoVista is the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions that enable efficient network and IT transformations in today's fast-paced digital world. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and large enterprises to ensure a high-quality user experience by guaranteeing business-critical application performance and achieving optimal network performance. InfoVista’s expertise and innovations provide more than 1,500 global customers with a new level of actionable application and network intelligence, visibility and control across all services, all technologies, and all domains of both the fixed and mobile networks. Using our solutions, they deliver high-performing and differentiated services, plan and optimize networks to match application and service demands, and streamline network operations while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.