Connectivity is Enabling Automotive Transformation
Connectivity is not new to the automotive industry. The ability to call and send data has been around for a while – initially introduced for emergency assistance and evolving to provide telematics services. Now, automotive digital transformation, consumer applications and the promises of 5G are triggering a huge growth in connected car applications and use cases.
Connectivity delivers value to multiple audiences – enabling applications that provide opportunities for monetization, cost reduction, safety enhancement, performance improvement, new business models, automation and remote control, and more...
- Digital life experience in cars
- OTA updates – new service delivery
- Telemetry – predictive maintenance
- Remote visibility - Warranty cost reduction
- ADAS – Vehicle to vehicle information sharing
- Autonomous and remote-controlled driving
- Safety – e-call, Onstar