5G NR test equipment will need to do several new things.
- Evaluate the performance quality provided to customers (e.g. data rates, latency, connectivity density)
- Be able to troubleshoot and optimize 5G NR specific features (e.g. mmWave spectrum, mMIMO/3D beamforming, flexible numerology, EN-DC, DSS)
- Be tuned for both eMBB services and IoT verticals (e.g. IIoT, connected car)
Also, any solution will need to support automated data collection and real-time analysis and incorporate predictive measurements and ML-based analytics.
Find out how the TEMS portfolio tackles this in Infovista’s white paper: “Initial 5G NR Drive Testing with Infovista”.
- What is the role of devices when evaluating the impact of 5G main disruptions?
- How does 5G NR network testing differ from LTE?
- Why is drive testing still needed for 5G NR testing and what must change?
- How does the TEMS portfolio meet the main requirements for 5G NR drive testing?
- Which TEMS solutions have been used for the initial test scenarios and use cases?