5G networks and services require a new approach to RAN planning and design that can efficiently reduce the time and cost of network planning and deployment.
Deploying new network features, which used to take months, must now be done in days. Commissioning new sites, reduced from days to minutes. Mobile operators are having to change their whole way of operating in order to accommodate this acceleration in network dynamics and network changes.
But what is driving this transformation in RAN planning and optimization? And how are 5G operators transforming themselves?
In this webinar, Rakuten Mobile's Chief Data Science Officer, Dr. Petrit Nahi and Régis Lerbour, VP Product & R&D, RAN Engineering at Infovista, will share their perspectives on the forces that are driving this innovation in the industry together with operators’ experience and best practice in planning and deploying 5G networks.
During this webinar you will learn how:
- Accurate RAN planning can reduce a nationwide operator’s CAPEX by $2 billion over 10 years, according to modeling by independent industry analyst firm Mobile Experts
- Data-driven approaches can leverage multiple input data sources including crowdsourced, drive test, geolocated call trace and performance management data to inform decision-making
- Integration of network planning into processes such as testing, assurance and operations can significantly reduce operational costs
- Extensive automation and full integration of RAN planning with other applications removes the complexities of how the different applications integrate with each other to add intelligence throughout the network lifecycle
- Cloud-native technologies give operators the ability to automatically scale the processing that needs to be done in order to perform changes in the network based on coverage and capacity data