Mentum Planet Recognized for its Ability to Help Mobile Operators Strategically Plan, Cost-Effectively Manage and Optimize RAN and LTE Networks
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—May 14, 2013—Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that Mentum Planet has won the ‘Innovations in Networking’ category in Pipeline’s 2013 Innovation Awards.
Mentum Planet is a next-generation wireless access network planning, management and optimization solution that provides mobile operators with the information they need to address all stages of their networks’ lifecycles. The solution enables mobile operators to deploy better, more cost-effective and reliable networks in a multi-technology, multi-standard and multi-vendor environment. Mentum Planet also includes 3D network design capabilities with unrivalled accuracy in propagation modelling and network performance analysis, visualization and editing for all cellular layers, across all environments.
Seventy-five companies were nominated in the extremely competitive awards program, and a select group of finalists were chosen and presented to Pipeline’s exclusive industry judging panel for final voting. The award judges included key executives from top communications service providers (CSPs) around the world, including AT&T, BT, Cox, Intelsat, TELUS, Turkcell and Yota, as well as influential industry analysts. Winners were honored at a reception last night at the start of TM Forum’s Management World 2013 conference, taking place this week in Nice, France.
- Infovista acquired RAN and wireless backhaul network planning and optimization software provider Mentum in November 2012 in a move to strengthen its solution set across the mobile network lifecycle and customer experience domains. The synergy between the companies enables mobile operators to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Mentum Planet is a robust, easy-to-use software solution that helps mobile operators, integrators and equipment vendors plan, operate and optimize wireless access networks. It supports all major wireless standards, including LTE-Advanced, LTE, WiMAX, EV-DO, HSPA+ and Wi-Fi, and addresses all stages of the Heterogeneous Network (HetNet) lifecycle.
- With the recent announcement of version 5.6, Mentum Planet now includes advanced HetNet modeling that allows mobile operators to pinpoint additional opportunities for cell-edge spectral efficiency improvements and thus realize the full capacity benefit of small cells. Furthermore, Mentum Planet 5.6 integrates with social platforms to allow mobile operators to identify where users are active to aid their capacity planning and network optimization efforts.
- Mentum Planet is currently being used by more than 150 mobile operators worldwide, including TELUS, MTC, KDDI, Zain and Inukshuk Wireless, with nearly 2000 global users.
- This is the second consecutive year Infovista has won the ‘Innovations in Networking’ category in Pipeline’s annual awards program. Last year, Infovista’s self-service, network and application performance dashboard, Vista360, was honored.
“We are thrilled to again be named one of Pipeline’s Innovation Awards winners,” said Bernard Breton, chief marketing and strategy officer, Infovista. “Mobile operators recognize the need to better plan, deploy, assure and optimize their RAN and LTE networks in order to keep costs low, performance strong and customers satisfied. But, many don’t have access to the appropriate tools to do so across all network components. This award recognizes the important role Mentum Planet plays, allowing mobile operators to define and execute successful network performance management and putting them in a prime position to achieve better ROI.”