Product Strategy Leaders to Speak on Two Additional Panels Covering Carrier Ethernet Service Assurance and Monetization for SDN and NFV at Inaugural Event
PARIS & HERNDON, Virginia – October 28, 2014 – Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF network planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, is pleased to be a prominent participant at the Metro Ethernet Forum’s (MEF) GEN14 event, taking place November 17-20, 2014, in Washington, D.C.
As a co-author of the MEF’s Third Network vision whitepaper, Infovista will co-present a proof of concept (POC) based on the core tenants, including the use of Network as a Service (NaaS) principles and Carrier Ethernet 2.0 standards, with Oracle. The POC will demonstrate an agile, assured and orchestrated Carrier Ethernet service across multiple operators. The presentation will include real-time performance assurance of Carrier Ethernet NaaS, with dynamically synchronized service visualization, including on-demand, SLA monitoring and self-service dashboards.
- “With the MEF’s Third Network vision, we are entering a new era, where CSP market leadership will be defined based on the commercial launch of state-of-the-art, self-service and performance-assured services,” said Cyril Doussau, senior director, head of service assurance product line, Infovista. “Infovista is at the top of innovation when it comes to Carrier Ethernet, and we are thrilled to cooperate with Oracle in demonstrating how CSPs can implement and reap the benefits of the core tenants of the NaaS vision.
- “This is a very important time in the history of Carrier Ethernet. We are pleased to see industry leaders such as Infovista and Oracle helping to accelerate its adoption and lay the groundwork for an even more successful future,” said Nan Chen, president, MEF. “This proof of concept exemplifies our Third Network vision. GEN14 visitors can learn a lot about the value that can be achieved by aligning Carrier Ethernet, SDN, NFV and service orchestration technology from the companies’ showcase.”
- Infovista will join two panel presentations at GEN14. On November 19 from 2:30-3:30 p.m., Christopher Cullan, director of product marketing, business services solutions, will speak on the panel, “Unlocking Revenues with Standardized Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Wholesale E-Access Services.” During this session, Christopher will address the standards and challenges in assuring E-Access service performance and explain why performance visibility is critical to communications service providers’ (CSPs) ability to monetize these services.
- On the same day, from 4:30-5:20 p.m., Cyril Doussau will join a panel, “Assuring Service Performance and Quality over Virtualized & Dynamic Networks.” In this discussion, Cyril will outline Infovista’s service assurance maturity model and the necessary stages CSPs must follow to ensure the successful adoption of software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV).
- Visit [email protected] for further information on Infovista’s activities at MEF GEN 14
- Download the MEF’s "Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Service Management Life Cycle” whitepaper here.
- Schedule a meeting with Infovista at MEF GEN 14, November 17-20, in Washington DC, or visit the company at booth #216 or the POC Showcase throughout the event.
- Find out how Infovista is helping CSPs, mobile operators and IT-intensive enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter.