New Product Automatically Incorporates Real-Time Network Performance Data into Network Planning and Optimization to Ensure Accuracy and Streamline Processes
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—November 19, 2013—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced VistaInsight for Planet. This product combines the domain knowledge and strength of VistaInsight for Networks and Mentum Planet to automatically supply real-time network performance data into the network planning and optimization solution. As a result, RF engineers can utilize multi-vendor key performance indicators (KPI), live traffic loads and cell loads from within Mentum Planet to proactively ensure their network planning and network optimization efforts fulfill technical as well as CAPEX and OPEX requirements.
With the live network performance data provided by VistaInsight for Planet, mobile operators can gain a more in-depth, real-time understanding of traffic trends in their mobile networks. The product gives insights about the mobile network at different times of the day or week, as well as during special events like sports games. As a result, mobile operators can more accurately and efficiently plan their multi-vendor networks based on current traffic trends to ensure network investments are targeted and ensure a high quality of experience (QoE) for end users.
- VistaInsight for Networks enables communications service providers (CSPs) and shared IT organizations to effectively meet and exceed network performance expectations and service-level guarantees of next-generation networks and IT services. The actionable service performance visibility of the solution provides the ability to rapidly support revenue-generating services by enabling a new level of control over the planning, deployment and operational phases of their next-generation IP networks.
- Mentum Planet is a proven solution used by more than 150 leading mobile operators worldwide for wireless access network planning and design. By leveraging Mentum Planet’s state-of-the-art 3D modeling capabilities, network planning and optimization departments and engineers can select the best deployment scenarios, automate network design and manage large-scale networks. Mentum Planet recently received top recognition in the Fierce Innovation Awards: Telecom Edition for its network planning and design and network optimization capabilities in regards to the deployment of small cells.
- “VistaInsight for Planet pulls the network performance data RF engineers need for network planning and network optimization efforts, and puts it where it will be the most useful – right into Mentum Planet,” said Bernard Breton, SVP, Americas & APAC and chief marketing officer, InfoVista. “Having such real-time data is increasingly important to ensure accuracy in network planning and network optimization. By automatically collecting the appropriate traffic and cell load information, rather than relying on RF engineers to manually complete tedious data collection, it can greatly accelerate the efficiency of mobile operators’ efforts. As a result, they can ensure that LTE deployments go smoothly by easily accessing performance management data from day one.”
- “Mobile operators are under tremendous pressure to increase network capacity to support ever increasing mobile data consumption rates,” said Mark Mortensen, principal analyst, industry analyst firm Analysys Mason. “Doing this optimally requires the most up-to-date network performance data in order to ensure that mobile operators properly forecast their future network capacity and infrastructure needs and minimize the associated costs.”
- Join a webinar on “Maximizing Network Capacity and Coverage with Advanced Planning and Optimization Solutions,” hosted by InfoVista and Telecoms.com on December 4, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. ET / 4:00 p.m. GMT, and learn how mobile operators can streamline the network planning and network optimization processes by leveraging real-time performance data.
- Learn more about VistaInsight for Planet and how it’s helping mobile operators improve network optimization and network planning.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping communications service providers (CSPs), mobile operators and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.