InfoVista’s Wireless Access Network Planning and Design Solution Wins Cell Sites Category
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—November 14, 2013—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that its innovative, industry-leading product, Mentum Planet has continued its award streak. Mentum Planet has been selected as the winner of the Cell Sites category of this year’s Fierce Innovation Awards: Telecom Edition, an operator-reviewed awards program from the publishers of FierceWireless, FierceTelecom and FierceCable.
Mentum Planet is a proven solution used by more than 150 leading mobile operators worldwide for wireless access network planning and design. By leveraging Mentum Planet’s state-of-the-art modeling capabilities, network planning and optimization departments and engineers can select the best deployment scenarios, automate network design and manage large-scale networks. Mentum Planet also allows mobile operators to improve radio design quality, roll out next-generation networks and technologies like small cells faster, and, ultimately, improve CAPEX and OPEX efficiency.
- “It’s very exciting to receive top honors in the prestigious Fierce Innovation Awards: Telecom Edition,” said Bernard Breton, SVP, Americas and APAC and chief marketing officer, InfoVista. “This recognition truly validates the importance of network planning and design and network optimization in today’s mobile market conditions. Given the expected rise in deployments of network technology like small cells and next-generation networks like LTE-Advanced and 5G, tools like Mentum Planet will only become more important to ensure mobile operators can simultaneously improve quality of experience for customers and reduce their costs.”
- Winners were selected by an exclusive carrier-only panel of executives from AT&T, Cablevision System Corporation, Comcast, Cox Communications, MetroPCS, Rogers Communications, TeliaSonera International Carrier and Verizon. All applications were evaluated based on the following criteria: technology innovation, financial impact, market validation and end-user customer experience. Winners were selected based on the judges’ scores in each area.
- Learn more about Mentum Planet and how it’s helping mobile operators, equipment vendors and RF consultants around the world with their network planning and optimization efforts.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping communications service providers (CSPs), mobile operators and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
FierceMarkets, a wholly owned subsidiary of Questex Media Group, is a leader in B2B emedia, providing information and marketing services in the telecommunications, life sciences, healthcare, IT, energy, government, finance, and retail industries through its portfolio of email newsletters, websites, webinars and live events. Every business day, FierceMarkets' wide array of publications reaches more than 1.3 million executives in more than 100 countries.
Current publications include: Energy: FierceEnergy; FierceSmartgrid; Telecom: FierceWireless; FierceCable; FierceDeveloper; FierceOnlineVideo; FierceTelecom; FierceWirelessTech; FierceWireless:Europe; Healthcare: FierceEMR; FierceHealthcare; FierceHealthFinance; FierceHealthIT; FierceHealthPayer; FierceMedicalImaging; FierceMobileHealthcare; FiercePracticeManagement;Hospital Impact; Life Sciences: FierceBiomarkers; FierceBiotech; FierceBiotechIT; FierceBiotech Research; FierceCRO; FierceDiagnostics, FierceDrugDelivery; FierceMedicalDevices; FiercePharma; FiercePharmaManufacturing; FierceVaccines; Enterprise IT: FierceBigData; FierceCIO; FierceCIO:TechWatch; FierceContentManagement; FierceMobileIT; FierceEnterpriseCommunications; Finance: FierceCFO; FierceFinance; FierceFinanceIT; Government: FierceGovernment; FierceGovernmentIT; FierceHomelandSecurity; and FierceMobileGovernment; Marketing &Retail: FierceCMO; FierceMobileRetail; FierceRetail; and StorefrontBacktalk.
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.