Australian Telecom Carrier Boosts Operational Efficiency and Backhaul Network Design Accuracy to Meet Complex Enterprise Customer Demands
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—April 29, 2014—Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that Vertel, an Australian provider of carrier-grade wireless network services to government, enterprise and service provider organizations, has deployed Mentum Ellipse as part of its corporate initiative to improve the efficiency of its network planning and design process.
InfoVista’s wireless and fixed backhaul network planning solution replaced a competitive offering to help the carrier improve the accuracy and efficiency of its network design efforts. With Mentum Ellipse, Vertel can meet customers’ demands for complex, point-to-point microwave designs more quickly, freeing up resources in the network team to target new revenue opportunities without requiring additional resources.
Based on the evaluation of Infovista’s Mentum Ellipse Express Edition, Vertel chose the microwave engineering tool over other available solutions due to its state-of-the-art features, including inter-visibility and bulk LOS analysis, and strong performance levels. Integration with Infovista’s other wireless access network planning tools was also critical in the carrier’s selection process, particularly for future support of Vertel’s land mobile radio (LMR) and Wi-Fi network design teams.
- “Our network design team is under constant pressure to quickly and accurately create and plan high-quality network designs for our customers,” said Sylvester Singarayer, fixed network design team leader, Vertel. “With Mentum Ellipse, we are able to cost and time effectively deliver backhaul services, even when there is a very high degree of complexity. And, by improving our efficiency, we are also maximizing ROI for our fixed network customers. It has become an essential tool within our team’s day-to-day operations.”
- “Communication service providers today face growing pressure to plan, operate, optimize and monetize larger and more complex backhaul, fixed and microwave networks,” said Bernard Breton, SVP, Americas & APAC sales and chief marketing officer, Infovista. “Mentum Ellipse not only helps carriers like Vertel efficiently and cost-effectively manages the performance of their next-generation networks, but can also help them minimize overall network CAPEX and ensure reliable network performance.”
- Mentum Ellipse is a next-generation, enterprise-grade mobile and fixed backhaul network planning solution that enables wireless operators, equipment vendors and engineering firms to efficiently deploy, grow and manage reliable backhaul networks. With Mentum Ellipse, network planning engineers can improve the efficiency of backhaul network optimization and minimize network CAPEX.
- Vertel specializes in the design, build and operation of next-generation network infrastructure. As an independent Australian company, Vertel has over 40 years’ experience delivering network services to government, enterprise and service provider customers. Vertel delivers alternate and carrier-grade telecommunications infrastructure, including backhaul, to non-metro, regional and remote Australia.
- Mentum Ellipse features operator-grade capabilities, including a rich geographical user interface, transport module, automatic channel allocation support and topology designer. It is used to design Vertel’s complex fixed wireless networks, which cover dozens of locations across thousands of square kilometers.
- Download a free trial of Mentum Ellipse Express to effortlessly design high-performing microwave and fixed backhaul networks.
- Find out how Infovista is helping communications service providers (CSPs), mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Learn more about Vertel’s innovative networks, which bring carrier-grade services to remote and regional Australia.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To schedule a meeting with Infovista at TM Forum Live, taking place June 2-5 in Nice, France, please email March Communications at [email protected].