VistaInsight for Networks Helps Leading Tunisian Mobile Service Provider Provision and Monitor High Quality 3G and Fixed-Line Service Performance
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—September 20, 2012 — Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that mobile operator Ooredoo Tunisia has implemented VistaInsight for Networks, the company’s flagship network performance management solution. Ooredoo Tunisia is using Infovista’s solution to monitor the availability, traffic load and saturation of its newest 10-Gigabit IP backhaul network and ensure the highest quality of new 3G and fixed line services to customers.
VistaInsight for Networks enables communication service providers (CSPs) to effectively meet and exceed performance expectations and service-level guarantees of next-generation networks and IT services. The actionable service performance visibility of the solution provides a new level of control over the planning, deployment and operational phases of Ooredoo Tunisia’s next generation transport networks.
VistaInsight for Networks is able to forecast network capacity requirements based on historical traffic trends, allowing Ooredoo Tunisia to accurately plan its networks without over- or under-provisioning capacity. The solution also delivers an advanced early warning-engine, enabling Ooredoo Tunisia to more effectively detect, validate and troubleshoot potential disrupting patterns before quality of services is affected.
From the IP/MPLS core through the IP backhaul and packet microwave access networks, the mobile operator can now guarantee the integrity of its IP infrastructure. And more importantly, Ooredoo Tunisia was able to adopt a centralized, end-to-end performance assurance practice that helps to better prioritize capital expenditures and reduce operational expenses.
- Ooredoo Tunisia, the leader in Tunisian mobile telephony with well over 6 million subscribers, was recently able to bring 3G services to its customers only three months after receiving the license. As part of this achievement, the network team focused its engineering efforts on deploying a 10 Gigabit IP backhaul aggregation infrastructure. While this network transformation project will bring huge benefits in the delivery of 3G services, it has generated an equal number of new management challenges, requiring that Ooredoo Tunisia seek out Infovista’s service assurance solutions.
- VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, Infovista’s certified and pre-integrated service assurance solution, enable Ooreedoo Tunisia to consolidate 5620 Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM) performance metrics with Cisco IP-SLA measurements from VistaInsight for Networks. As a result, Infovista’s multi-vendor and service-oriented performance dashboards empower Ooreedoo Tunisia to guarantee the fastest end-user mobile and fixed broadband experience.
- Infovista’s vendor-agnostic service-level reporting has enabled Ooredoo Tunisia to exploit real-time performance data and historical network trends. With this information, the mobile operator is able to set a baseline for network traffic to plan future capacity across the service delivery chain and proactively troubleshoot quality of service (QoS) issues. Network planning has historically been tedious and time consuming, resulting in little insight. VistaInsight for Networks, however, allows Ooredoo Tunisia to plan for and deliver a high performing network while keeping investments and operating costs under control.
- “As we began our backhaul network development project, we wanted to ensure that we were building a network that would be able to handle the strong growth of the Tunisian mobile and fixed line markets,” said Sami Landoulsi, Head of Transport Networks, Ooredoo Tunisia. “VistaInsight for Networks gives us the perfect balance between flexibility and openness to produce the necessary reports to right-size and troubleshoot next-generation services running on our network. As a result, we are able to prioritize CAPEX, reduce OPEX and plan our new network far more accurately than ever before.”
- “This project is another example of how Infovista’s solutions are helping service providers around the world to launch, operate and monetize high-value, next generation mobile data services” said Vikas Trehan, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Alliances, Infovista. “Built on the industry’s most scalable platform, VistaInsight for Networks helps Ooredoo Tunisia to extend and consolidate visibility from IP core to the backhaul, providing operational efficiencies. We are excited to continue our work with Ooreedoo Tunisia in their network evolution as it further establishes itself as the innovative leader in Tunisia.”
- Read Infovista’s case study with Ooredoo Tunisia: Infovista’s Performance Insight Reduces OPEX and CAPEX of State-of-the-art IP Backhaul Network
- Learn more about Infovista’s unified network, service and application performance assurance technology platform.
- Find out why CSPs and enterprises across the world have equipped themselves with Infovista’s network performance management, application performance management and service level agreement management solutions.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Tweet this: #OoreedooTunisia implements @Infovista VistaInsight for Networks to launch new #backhaul network, support #3G and fixed-line networks [link]
Infovista, Ooreedoo Tunisia, Tunisiana, network performance management, NPM, VistaInsight for Networks, backhaul, IP network, 3G, capacity planning, SLA, quality of service, Tunisia, network capacity