New Version of Infovista’s Software Leverages Network Performance Data, Optimizes Small Cell Planning and Supports Geo-localized Network Traffic Measurements
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—December 16, 2013—Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced the availability of Mentum Planet 5.7. The newest version of Infovista’s award-winning software enables mobile operators to establish a foundation for agile, efficient wireless access network planning.
Mentum Planet integrates with Infovista’s network performance management platform so that engineering teams can easily visualize key performance indicators (KPIs), conduct network analyses based on live traffic trends and cell loads, troubleshoot network performance issues and identify areas for network optimization and address network areas with capacity issues. By removing the guess work from mobile network planning, Mentum Planet can help operators optimize subscribers’ quality of experience (QoE), improve ROI and lower CAPEX and OPEX.
- “Mentum Planet has a long history of helping mobile operators design their next-generation wireless access networks. We’re excited to bring to market the latest version of our industry-leading solution and continue to help them streamline their network planning workflows and optimize their technology upgrades and capacity build-outs,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas & APAC and chief marketing officer, Infovista. “Mentum Planet 5.7 helps mobile operators close the network planning loop and lower OPEX by employing live network data to make better network decisions. All in all, our software supports a consistent and effective network planning and optimization strategy.”
- Mentum Planet 5.7 includes a unique geo-location engine that enables accurate mapping of mobile network traffic. It leverages social media information and live traffic call traces from Infovista’s network optimization software, Xeus Pro, to create high-accuracy traffic maps that can be used to maximize network investments and ensure a high QoE for subscribers.
- Mentum Planet 5.7 continues to build on its rich set of LTE and LTE-Advanced features with support for frequency selective scheduling gain, semi-persistent scheduling and TTI bundling, as well as HSPA Release 11, with more carriers enabling data rates up to 337.5 Mbps.
- The solution also provides a dedicated automatic cell planning tool for small cells that streamlines and optimizes site selection and configurations based on total network capacity improvements. This tool leverages data about targeted building floors, and ranks buildings’ need for indoor systems.
- Find out how Infovista is helping communications service providers, mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Download a whitepaper by Analysys Mason about the benefits of integrating and automating the network planning and network optimization processes.
- Register for our webinar at 10:00 a.m. EST / 4:00 p.m. CET on December 17, 2013 to learn more about the new features of Mentum Planet 5.7.