Wireless Network Planning and Design Tool, Mentum Planet, Recognized by APCO for its Support of First Responder Organizations
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—November 5, 2014—Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF network planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, has seen increased traction for its industry-leading wireless network planning and design software, Mentum Planet, in the public safety market. The product was recognized as a Public Safety Communications Hot Product by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials’ (APCO) for its key role in the FirstNet initiative, which aims to build an LTE-based national public safety network.
There is a growing demand amongst critical communications users around the world, including ambulance, police, firefighters and other emergency services, for more advanced and sophisticated mobile data solutions. FirstNet, a U.S. government agency focused on bringing advanced communications services and access to public safety organizations, took early leadership over LTE public safety, providing first responder organizations with access to a next-generation, cost-efficient public safety network with wireless broadband capabilities.
As part of Infovista’s Public Safety Radio Network Planning and Optimization Solution, Mentum Planet can support large-scale network deployments like that of FirstNet, which requires the collaboration of multiple national stakeholders. Mentum Planet coordinates individual network designs for the FirstNet project, while ensuring cost considerations are met. With unique 3D mapping capabilities, Mentum Planet also allows public safety organizations to pre-plan and optimize future rollouts, ensuring first responders are equipped with high-speed wireless communications when and where they need them for years to come.
- “We’ve worked closely with Infovista and see great value in the applications of Mentum Planet for public safety communications,” said J. Randolph Luening, Vice President, Wireless Economics, Signals Research Group. “Mentum Planet has facilitated national stakeholder alignment, and is a key enabler in FirstNet’s initiative to enable high-speed communications amongst first responders and critical public safety officials.”
- “When it comes to planning a nationwide public safety network, failure is simply not an option,” said Jason Suplita, Public Safety Sales Director, North America, Infovista. “With that in mind, we’re honored to receive this recognition from APCO, particularly for our role in FirstNet’s initiative. Our technology is key to accurate wireless network planning and design, which is vital to ensuring first responders can communicate in their efforts to help the greater good.”
- Infovista’s Public Safety RAN Solution includes Mentum Planet for wireless network planning, Mentum Ellipse for microwave backhaul and Mentum Fusion as the RF Design Collaboration Hub. By combining Mentum Planet’s network analysis and 3D coverage prediction capabilities with Mentum Geodata, users can produce highly accurate coverage maps for complete visibility into the network and more reliable communication overall. Infovista also offers public safety certification training for LTE public safety network deployments.
- APCO’s Hot Products award recognizes new products and innovations in public safety communications. Winners were selected by a panel of public safety communications professionals on their originality, functionality, ease-of-use and improved safety and health for communicators and personnel, as well as their ability to meet a newly identified need.
- Schedule a meeting with Infovista at its booth (#59g) at LTE North America, taking place November 18-20, in Dallas, Texas. Bernard Breton, SVP, Americas & APAC Sales and Chief Marketing Officer at Infovista will also be participating in the panel discussion, "Performance Optimization in Mobile Networks," on November 20th at 11:45 a.m. local time.
- Learn how and why FirstNet turned to Infovista’s Mentum Planet solution for network planning, in their effort to build a nationwide broadband network for first responders.
- Find out how Infovista is helping communications service providers (CSPs), mobile operators and enterprises across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.