Carrier-Grade Performance Assurance Solution Provides Flexibility and Visibility Needed to Achieve Cost Savings, Operational Efficiency and Subscriber QoE
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—January 10, 2012—Infovista , the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today launched its Service Performance Assurance Solution for LTE to help wireless operators quickly and successfully transition their mobile infrastructure to 4G/LTE. As mobile operators are deploying LTE’s all-IP networks in conjunction with existing 2G and 3G infrastructure, Infovista provides them with a single, carrier-grade and proven solution capable of monitoring the entire 4G and 3G ecosystems to assure subscriber quality of experience (QoE) across their NGN Evolved packet core, IP Backhaul and Evolved RAN (E-UTRAN), while optimizing IT and operational costs.
The transition to LTE extends the scope and complexity of ensuring end-to-end performance of mobile networks and services with new challenges. Mobile operators need to assure the quality of real-time, synchronous mobile services and applications over asynchronous IP, and overcome traditional network management silos. They also have to efficiently collect massive amounts of vendor-specific LTE raw data to generate meaningful and actionable performance indicators and dashboards.
InfoVista’s Service Performance Assurance solution helps mobile operators to master these challenges and ensure subscribers’ QoE over an all-IP network. Infovista provides RAN engineering and operations with an unparalleled flexible visibility into the performance and health of the entire mobile infrastructure from the 3G/4G RAN to the core network, including critical entities of the new Carrier Ethernet backhaul.
The solution combines VistaInsight for Networks best-of-breed, carrier-class IP/Ethernet service assurance features, Mobile Knowledge Pack’s advanced capabilities in monitoring performance of the RAN infrastructure, and Vista360’s award-winning self-service reporting, unified dashboards. The result is a single, integrated performance assurance solution that helps wireless operators realize faster resolution of service-affecting problems, improve operational efficiencies and better assure mobile service quality while transitioning to LTE with:
- Depth of experience in all-IP network performance management reflected in actionable KPIs, data processing algorithms and patented technologies;
- Scalable and open collection and reporting capabilities supporting efficient mining of multi-vendor EMS data and user-defined vendor-agnostic KPIs;
- Ability to visualize LTE Service Assurance across domains in a “single pane of glass” for end-to-end monitoring and visibility of network availability and quality of service;
- Streamlined collaboration between functional groups to break down organizational silos through tailored, role-based views of the network.
- The solution combines proven VistaInsight® for Networks, Mobile Knowledge Pack and Vista360 and established Infovista’s IP network management expertise to LTE’s EPC and E-UTRAN, to provide end-to-end, role-based visualization of mobile network service quality, enabling mobile operators to effectively manage multiple large-scale network domains from a single platform.
- With self-service and customizable dashboards that can be shared across users, the solution provides open collection and reporting capabilities for mobile networks and supports the efficient mining of multi-vendor EMS data and user-definition of vendor-agnostic KPIs.
- It offers the ability to visualize the entire LTE service network across domains for end-to-end monitoring of mobile network availability and quality of service, and supports collaboration between functional groups and breaks down organizational silos through role-based views of the network.
- An extension of Infovista’s long-standing expertise in the IP and Carrier Ethernet performance assurance space, the solution is coupled with Infovista’s award-winning professional services support that guarantees a solution that evolves as rapidly as the technology.
- “The capabilities of LTE are vast and exciting, from faster data transfer speeds, faster response time and multiple classes of services. Nevertheless, the success of these transitions to LTE will be determined by mobile operators’ ability to deliver a high-level Quality of Experience to the subscriber” said Vikas Trehan, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy and Alliances, Infovista. “InfoVista is pleased to provide a solution that not only enables them to do this, but also helps manage the network performance once the transition is complete. Our Service Performance Assurance Solution for LTE, with several proof-of-concepts currently underway, provides a unified, end-to-end view of the network for enhanced and flexible service-level insight.”
- Find more information on Mobile Knowledge Pack advanced and intelligent capabilities in monitoring performance of the mobile infrastructure of RAN.
- Additional details on Vista360, a network performance dashboard for making real-time network, service and application information actionable, are available.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News”, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Tweet this: #InfoVista Provides a Single, Unified Service Performance Assurance Solution for the Entire #4G and #3G Ecosystems http://bit.ly/xDHyFI