Mobile Operators Can More Efficiently Design Microwave Backhaul Networks by Using Live Network Performance KPIs in the Network Planning Process
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia – May 12, 2015 – Infovista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced the availability of a new version of its mobile backhaul network planning and optimization software, Mentum Ellipse 8.5. This new software release integrates with Infovista’s end-to-end network performance management solution, VistaInsight for Networks. The combined solution feeds mobile operators’ network planning and design efforts with current radio access network (RAN) traffic volumes and backhaul network performance data.
Mentum Ellipse 8.5 helps mobile operators understand the variations and evolution of live RAN traffic, so they can proactively prevent backhaul capacity bottlenecks with better network planning and timely network investments. Mobile operators can also monitor and address backhaul network performance by comparing actual microwave link configurations and performance KPIs against the planned network configuration and quality of service (QoS). Finally, the integrated solution enables a comprehensive view of mobile network topology to simplify engineering for future network changes.
- “With increasingly complex networks, mobile operators need to proactively manage performance across the entire network, from one end to the other,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas & APAC sales and chief marketing officer, Infovista. “This update to Mentum Ellipse helps mobile operators plan the capacity and performance of their mobile backhaul networks by using live network data. As a result, mobile operators can prevent mobile backhaul performance issues from affecting customers, and deliver a high QoS to them today, and in the future.”
- Mentum Ellipse is a next-generation microwave planning solution that supports the entire mobile backhaul lifecycle, including point-to-point and point-to-multipoint network planning and optimization, as well as transport planning. The solution enables mobile operators, equipment vendors and network engineering firms to efficiently deploy, grow and manage cost-efficient, reliable wireless backhaul networks.
- The latest version of Mentum Ellipse introduces a simplified transmission network topology view to help mobile operators easily compare different deployment scenarios. Mobile operators can use this feature to view chain of sites, created in the updated Topology Designer, and analyze the connecting microwave links’ traffic loads. MIMO for microwave links is also supported in this release.
- From within Mentum Ellipse, users can connect to and use KPIs from Infovista’s end-to-end mobile network performance management solution. Network performance KPIs can also be imported through an Excel interface, and RAN traffic data can be imported directly from Planet to view and analyze RAN traffic loads and performance KPIs such as UTR, ESR, SESR and BBER in Mentum Ellipse, or select any KPI from VistaInsight for Networks.
- Infovista was recently recognized in the 2014 Stratecast Global Product Leadership Award for Innovative Backhaul Planning and Assurance. The analyst firm, a division of Frost & Sullivan, commended the company for its focus on end-to-end mobile network performance solutions that facilitate the integration of backhaul network planning and network performance management.
- Learn more about Mentum Ellipse and how to efficiently plan and optimize microwave backhaul networks.
- Learn more about Infovista’s end-to-end mobile network performance management solution.
- Register for an upcoming webinar with Infovista to learn more about Mentum Ellipse 8.5, taking place on Wednesday, May 27th at 9:00 a.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. CET.
- Download a free trial of Mentum Ellipse Express to see first-hand how it streamlines wireless backhaul network planning and design.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.