Solution Updates Help Mobile Operators Tackle Non-Line-of-Sight Backhaul Planning to Optimize Small Cell Deployments in Dense Urban Areas
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia – May 13, 2014 – Infovista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced the availability of a new version of its enterprise-grade network planning and network optimization software. Mentum Ellipse 8.4 supports non-line-of-sight (NLOS) small cell backhaul planning, enabling mobile operators to quickly deploy the technology, particularly in urban environments.
The latest version of Infovista’s microwave backhaul network planning solution contains a new 3D viewer and detailed reflection analysis for NLOS links in urban environments. Additionally, Mentum Ellipse 8.4 includes P3M, a propagation model for urban environments, and new, more efficient workflows to improve point-to-point and point-to-multipoint backhaul network planning and optimization.
- “We are fully committed to supporting all aspects of the mobile backhaul network lifecycle,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas & APAC, and chief marketing officer, Infovista. “With rising demand among mobile operators for NLOS microwave backhaul to rapidly deploy small cells, particularly in dense urban areas, mobile network planning will need to be as accurate, easy and cost-efficient as possible. Mentum Ellipse 8.4 will be an irreplaceable tool for mobile operators to design, manage and optimize their mobile backhaul networks, especially as they deploy new network elements.”
- “Cost-effective backhaul deployments and network optimization are key concerns for mobile operators when it comes to deploying small cells,” said Monica Paolini, president, Senza Fili Consulting. “Planning for NLOS backhaul networks is particularly challenging, so it’s exciting to see an established microwave network planning vendor like Infovista address the challenges of this area.”
- Mentum Ellipse is a next-generation microwave planning solution that supports the entire mobile backhaul lifecycle, including point-to-point and point-to-multipoint network planning and optimization, as well as transport planning. The enterprise-grade software solution enables mobile operators, equipment vendors and engineering firms to efficiently deploy, grow and manage cost-efficient, reliable wireless backhaul networks.
- According to recent research by TechValidate, 76 percent of Infovista customers agreed that Mentum Ellipse is essential to planning small cell and NLOS microwave backhaul deployments.
- Download a free trial of Mentum Ellipse Express to see first-hand how it streamlines wireless backhaul network planning and design.
- Register for Infovista’s upcoming webinar, Small Cell Backhaul Planning in Mentum Ellipse, taking place on May 21th at 10:00 a.m. EDT / 4:00 p.m. CET, to learn more about the product’s new features.
- Follow and engage with Infovista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- To schedule a meeting with Infovista at LTE World Summit 2014, taking place June 23-25 in Amsterdam, please email March Communications at [email protected].