Infovista Recognized as a MEF Excellence Awards Finalist and Will Speak on Carrier Ethernet Service Management Best Practices, LSO and NaaS
PARIS & HERNDON, Virginia – November 10, 2015 – Infovista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, is pleased to announce it will demonstrate a Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) proof-of-concept (PoC), alongside Oracle and Juniper Networks, and participate in two panels at MEF’s GEN15 event, taking place November 16-19, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
For the second consecutive year, Infovista’s PoC will display real-time, zero-touch NaaS with dynamically synchronized service visualization, including on-demand, service level agreement (SLA) monitoring and self-service dashboards. The PoC has evolved to show how communications service providers (CSPs) can create, assure and orchestrate a NaaS-based Carrier Ethernet service with vCPEs and dynamically-scaled vPEs, all across a performance-assured, multi-operator network.
As a finalist in the MEF Excellence Awards, the Oracle-Infovista-Juniper solution embodies the MEF’s Third Network Vision of a new, dynamic service environment. The PoC demonstrates how CSPs can finally reap the cost-savings and customer quality of service (QoS) benefits of self-service and performance-assured services.
- “The MEF and its Third Network Vision truly embody ‘what’s next’ in dynamic, network services,” said Cyril Doussau, senior director, global product marketing, Infovista. “We are thrilled to be recognized for the efforts we’ve undertaken to make the organization’s NaaS vision a reality, as CSPs get closer and closer to transitioning from legacy networks to aligning Carrier Ethernet with value-added, NFV-based network services. With solution ecosystems aligned with the principals of LSO, CSPs will be able to accelerate time to revenue and achieve strong competitive differentiation.”
- “The industry has reached a turning point, shifting from static to dynamic connectivity services. This has laid the foundation of our Third Network vision. We are pleased to see industry leaders such as Infovista, Oracle and Juniper demonstrating the power of agile, assured and orchestrated Carrier Ethernet services by supporting the Third Network vision through a continuously-evolving PoC,” said Kevin Vachon, chief operating officer, MEF. “This PoC embodies how our industry eco-system works together to deliver value, especially the collaborative synergy between organizations like the TM Forum and MEF. The business benefits that are possible through the alignment of Carrier Ethernet, SDN, NFV and LSO technology are huge and GEN15 visitors will be able to visualize this through the companies’ showcase.”
- "Accelerating the transition to dynamic connectivity services is a key goal for The TM Forum and MEF and we’ve worked together on many topics to achieve this, including information modeling, APIs, business canvases, process flows and KPIs. In this industry-leading PoC, Oracle, Infovista and Juniper truly showcase a method for enabling assured and orchestrated Carrier Ethernet services across numerous operators and hybrid networks with SDN/NFV enabled infrastructure. They do so by tapping the TM Forum’s industry best practices and ZOOM project, as well as the MEF’s Third Network vision and LSO architecture,” says Ken Dilbeck, VP collaboration program at TM Forum. “From TM Forum Live! 2015 to GEN15, this PoC continues to be a source of innovation and new concepts. At GEN15, the PoC further aligns with OpenStack, SDN, NFV, analytics and self-adapting network infrastructure. Going forward, we predict the PoC will give way to mature NaaS service profiles in support of Digital Services, 5G and IoT use cases.”
- On November 17 from 3:15-4:00 p.m. CDT, Cyril will speak on the panel, “How CSPs Can Achieve Competitive Differentiation by Leveraging Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) to Deliver Carrier Ethernet 2.0 & Third Network Services.” During this session, Cyril will address how new LSO solutions can offer CSPs a leg up on the competition, cut costs through automation and help uncover new revenue opportunities by accelerating Carrier Ethernet service configuration and activation.
- On the same day, from 4:00-4:45 p.m. CDT, Christopher Cullan, director of product marketing, business services solutions at Infovista will join the panel, “Creating & Managing Scalable, Assured, and Interoperable Wholesale Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Services.” In this discussion, Christopher will offer best practices and call out what is needed when it comes to standards implementation and the development for a more holistic management of end-to-end Carrier Ethernet services.
- Visit Infovista’s website for further information on the company’s activities at MEF GEN15.
- Schedule a meeting with Infovista at MEF GEN15, November 16-19, in Dallas, TX, or visit the company at booth 803 or the nearby PoC Showcase throughout the event.