New Software Version Increases Efficiency and Scalability for Mobile Operators’ Network Densification Strategies
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia — February 17, 2016 — Infovista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced the capabilities of Planet 6, previously identified as Mentum Planet. The newest version of Infovista’s award-winning software further blurs mobile operators’ network planning and network optimization processes.
The software is fully equipped to deliver enhanced performance with its 64-bit platform, even in demanding network planning and optimization situations and on projects of any scale. Additionally, Planet 6 boasts new ribbon-based functionalities and a graphical user interface to improve usability and efficiency.
Having detailed insight such as subscriber locations and traffic distribution is critical for mobile operators when planning to ensure maximum network performance and maintain a high quality of experience (QoE). Planet 6 is designed to integrate with Infovista’s mobile network experience optimization solution, VistaNEO, and leverage its rich call trace data for live network analysis capabilities. Planet’s call trace data and 3D fingerprinting algorithm combines real-world measurements with advance predictions for highly accurate network planning and optimization.
Additionally, Planet 6 allows mobile operators to access traffic maps, thoroughly understand traffic distribution inside buildings and identify existing hot spots. This enables mobile operators to cost-effectively plan and deploy small cells, manage traffic volume and increase network densification efficiency and scalability. The result is faster time-to-market for new services, overall improved network planning, accuracy and optimization, and a better QoE.
- “Planet has a long history of offering mobile operators the highly accurate insight needed to design next-generation wireless access networks while preserving costs,” said Sylvain Quartier, senior vice president of product management and markets, Infovista. “The latest version of Planet allows mobile operators to meet their objectives that much better. With the live measurement data in Planet, network planning becomes a key piece of the overall network lifecycle, helping operators achieve their broader goal of better serving the end user while preserving the bottom line.”
- Planet 6 features more detailed maps than previous iterations, highlighting hotspots as well as opportunities for small cells to supplement network planning initiatives. The software also offers LTE Relay Node Planning for mobile operators wanting to extend macro network coverage to fulfill high data-rate requirements.
- The live mobile call traces from Infovista’s network experience optimization solution, VistaNEO, can be combined with Planet 6 social media information, temporal network performance data, demographic information and detailed map data to create detailed traffic maps that encompasses the traffic development in the network.
- Planet 6 supports evolving mobile standards and network technologies, including WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A and Wi-Fi. The software continues to be the leading network planning solution for LTE and LTE-Advanced. It allows mobile operators to quickly and easily integrate new technologies, like small cells, into their mobile networks. In turn, engineers can better accommodate subscribers’ capacity demands in a way that reduces churn and optimizes costs.
- Schedule a meeting with Infovista at Mobile World Congress 2016, taking place February 22-25 in Barcelona, or visit the company in Hall 7 at Stand 7G40.
- Find out how Infovista is helping communications service providers, mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.