Ipanema’s Finalist Standing in the ‘Innovations in Network Technology’ Category Demonstrates the Solution’s Strong Capabilities in Guaranteeing Application Performance
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—May 17, 2016— Infovista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced that Ipanema, the company’s application performance guarantee solution, has been honored in the ‘Innovations in Network Technology’ category of Pipeline’s 2016 Innovation Awards. This is the third time that Infovista has been recognized in the ‘Innovations in Network Technology’ category of the Pipeline Innovation Awards, having won in 2012 and 2013.
The challenges of enterprise digitalization, such as connecting highly mobile workers, bandwidth-heavy applications and branch offices, have created a need for a solution that can control traffic flow and orchestrate application performance over the hybrid wide-area network (WAN). As a self-learning, self-adapting and self-healing application performance guarantee solution, Ipanema protects business application performance to ensure that employee productivity and end-user satisfaction aren’t diminished amid growing network complexity. Ipanema offers this application visibility from a single, centrally managed controller to allow enterprises to manage global provisioning and network functions like WAN optimization and WAN security in real-time.
Judged by analysts and executives from top service providers such as AT&T, Cox Communications and Comcast, Pipeline’s annual Innovation Awards acknowledges excellence and advancements in the field of telecommunications. Pipeline’s ‘Innovations in Network Technology’ category recognizes network technologies and network management practices that have impacted, changed or improved the way today’s networks operate.
- “ Infovista has consistently shown dedication to solving the network and application challenges of enterprises, mobile operators and communications service providers. In this year’s competition, Ipanema’s dynamic features proved to be cutting-edge, setting a top-line precedent for the application performance industry to compete with,” said Scott St. John, managing editor, Pipeline. “Our team of judges was impressed by Ipanema’s ability to guarantee application performance based on business priorities and real-time WAN conditions. This is truly invaluable for enterprises that count on application performance for employee productivity and servicing customers.”
- “It’s a tremendous honor for Infovista’s excellence in networking technology to be commended by the Pipeline team for yet another year,” said Sylvain Quartier, SVP, products and markets, Infovista. “Pipeline’s awards selection process involves key executives from leading communications service providers and market research firms. This recognition further proves that Infovista is the go-to company for CSPs that aim to deliver high-value and cost-effective application-aware network services that help CIOs of their enterprise customers to meet their business application performance objectives and the most demanding user requirements for quality of experience, regardless of IT complexity.”
- Ipanema guarantees user experience on critical business applications for enterprises by controlling traffic flow via the WAN. It features dynamic per-flow or per-packet control, link load balancing, WAN security, network rightsizing, application visibility, WAN optimization and other orchestration network functions that mitigate service disruptions.
- The solution also delivers security assurance across network paths that eliminates the need for third-party or vendor security measures to supplement the Ipanema solution. Its controller ultimately sends information back to the appliances that dictate traffic flow to ensure optimal user experience, helping to remove service degradations including jitter, packet loss and latency errors.
- Ipanema couples WAN security with application visibility, application control and dynamic WAN selection (DWS), making the hybrid WAN an integrated solution that is secure, user-centric and scalable. This is made possible via MPLS and direct Internet, and without additional firewalls and devices.
- Learn more about how Ipanema delivers a cohesive automated solution to guarantee application performance across enterprises’ large and complex networks.
- Read Infovista’s whitepaper, “Guarantee Application Performance over Hybrid WAN,” to learn how hybrid WAN can be used as an enabler, not a blocker, of enterprises’ digital transformations.