Operator Deploys InfoVista’s Application Visibility Services Solution to Help Enterprise Customers Better Manage Business-Critical Services
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—March 10, 2015—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF network planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, today announced that one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, has embedded InfoVista’s integrated application and network performance reporting portal technology within its application visibility and control service offering for enterprises.
Communications service providers (CSPs) worldwide are facing a growing number of challenges when supporting business customers, including increased cloud complexity, BYOD, an explosion of corporate and third-party hosted applications, price erosion and growing bandwidth demand. While some have application and network performance management solutions in place to support such customers, these often siloed solutions are very costly to operate. They consequently lack the holistic view of performance throughout the entire service delivery chain that CSPs require to accelerate and better prioritize problem troubleshooting and improve service operations efficiency.
To overcome these challenges, the CSP required a solution with a unified, customer-facing portal to give multinational enterprises true visibility into the real-time performance of applications running inside their virtual private networks (VPNs), and control over their business-critical services, all within a single pane of glass.
With the addition of InfoVista’s Application Visibility Services solution within its IP VPN application performance management service portfolio, the CSP can deliver optimal application performance and a high end-user quality of experience (QoE) to enterprise customers, while reducing their operational costs through more efficient bandwidth consumption, faster problem resolution and cost-effective outsourcing of application performance.
- “New, complex applications, cloud computing and BYOD are giving rise to greater network complexity, and enterprise CIOs are now questioning their network service providers about poor application performance,” said Cyril Doussau, senior director, head of service assurance product line, InfoVista. “Using the multi-tenant, customer-facing portal included in InfoVista’s Application Visibility Services solution, CSPs like this global operator can help their enterprise customers better understand whether performance problems are being caused by the WAN, the LAN, the application or end users, and ultimately improve customer satisfaction and intimacy.”
- InfoVista’s Application Visibility Services solution was first to achieve Cisco IVT certification and demonstrate compatibility with Cisco AVC, enabling operators to deliver commercially scalable, probe-less application visibility for VPN, Internet- and cloud-based services.
- The global CSP empowers enterprise customers to implement accurate network dimensioning practices based on the InfoVista solution’s ability to understand network and application usage and traffic trends, and thus target investments where users will see the most benefit. This not only ensures that the operator is delivering the best performance for enterprise customers, but also optimizes enterprises’ CAPEX and OPEX investments.
- Read more about how InfoVista and Cisco are helping CSPs provide better application and network performance management for enterprise customers.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs, mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.