PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—February 18, 2016— Infovista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced a recent Analysys Mason research report has named the company as a leader in mobile performance monitoring (PM). Infovista has been recognized, in part, because of how quickly it is gaining software-as-a-service (SaaS) customers compared to others in the space. The report, SaaS-Based Service Assurance is Entering the Mainstream: Tier 2 and Tier 3 CSPs Lead Adoption, highlights why communications service providers (CSPs) have started to implement a SaaS-based delivery model for service assurance in order to decrease costs and address the operational challenges. As a result, SaaS is expected to account for between seven and ten percent of the total service assurance spend by 2020.
Rising telecommunication costs associated with the adoption of commercial off the shelf (COTS) software and new network technologies have created a need for CSPs to control costs in other ways. Service assurance is one area where Tier 2 and Tier 3 CSPs have turned to, trusting SaaS-based delivery models for mostly PM, service management (SM) and workforce automation (WA). In turn, CSPs have been able to divert resources to core business functions like subscriber quality of experience (QoE) and future-proofing the network, while incurring additional benefits like greater flexibility and service agility.
There are still a few key obstacles holding CSPs back from adopting SaaS-based delivery models, including the security and regulatory concerns associated with public cloud computing environments. CSPs can overcome these challenges by tapping Infovista to host, manage, configure and upgrade their service assurance offerings within Infovista’s private cloud. With a subscription-based model, Infovista customers are able to achieve the cost savings and network performance management benefits of a SaaS-based delivery model, without the perceived risks.
- “CSPs are beginning a major technology and business transformation, with networks evolving to include software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) with digital services at the center,” said Anil Rao, senior analyst, Analysys Mason. “As CSPs try to balance the financial strain and operational challenges that these technology investments create, SaaS-based service assurance offers some much-needed reprieve. CSPs can continue to rely on their service assurance practices to offer the QoE that users have come to expect, but at a lower price point. And, it’s companies like Infovista that are leading the way in this space with proven customer success stories that will help fuel adoption and allow CSPs to understand how the benefits of SaaS can span across all business operations.”
- “Infovista’s service assurance solutions have consistently helped CSPs maintain quality of service (QoS) and QoE, while cost-effectively delivering differentiated services,” said Sylvain Quartier, SVP products and markets strategy at Infovista. “When workflows like performance monitoring and service management are hosted in the cloud, CSPs can better maintain a competitive edge and meet new demands as the industry evolves. Many smaller CSPs, especially those facing severe CAPEX restrictions, have already realized this and have benefited from improved network intelligence and service quality that’s allowed them to effectively compete with larger industry players.”
- Read Analysys Mason’s report, SaaS-Based Service Assurance is Entering the Mainstream: Tier 2 and Tier 3 CSPs Lead Adoption
- Learn more about Infovista’s Unified Service Performance Assurance Platform and its market-leading capabilities.
- Schedule a meeting with Infovista at Mobile World Congress 2016, Hall 7, Stand 7G40 to learn more about why SaaS-based service assurance is emerging as the go-to option for Tier 2 and Tier 3 CSPs.