Connectivity enabled applications, remote control and automation are transforming container port operations.
It's all part of Industry 4.0, delivering efficiencies, reducing costs and improving profitability and safety.
Connected applications are becoming mission critical.
They require better, more reliable data performance from wireless networks. This is driving a trend toward using cellular (LTE and ultimately 5G) and, in many cases, private networks that offer greater flexibility and reduced risk through greater control.
Container port operations face some unique connectivity challenges in an ever-changing environment.
- Container movement and storage can have a huge impact on coverage and wireless propagation.
- External factors, like nearby cruise ships, can impact network capacity and performance of commercial cellular networks.
- It’s difficult delivering connectivity to large vehicles and equipment with changing orientation and during mobility around containers – necessitating multiple and well positioned antennas.
- Uninterrupted uplink connectivity is needed for video feeds supporting remote control and automation.
The consequences and costs of getting it wrong increase as connectivity and applications become more mission critical. To help manage the complexity of wireless, port operators need tools that can identify and diagnose connectivity-related issues.
TEMS for Ports delivers this with network testing and monitoring solutions that network operators have used and relied on for 25 years. You can continuously optimize your private network, reduce risk of business interruption and improve application performance.
Avoid letting connectivity issues impact your operations, employee safety or your bottom line.
Data for coverage validation and interference management – enabling early detection of issues that emerge during ongoing operations.
Visibility into emerging network capacity issues and for performance optimization across daily operational mobility needs.
Connectivity performance monitoring and continuity assurance from the mobile application perspective.
Early problem identification and data to aid in problem investigation.
Performance data to aid in application design and testing – to assure performance and reliability for:
• Tele operated driving
• Remote control
• Remote video surveillance