Unified Network and Application Performance Management Platform Helps Cyprus Operator with Service-Level Reporting, Proactive Troubleshooting and Capacity Planning
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—September 10, 2013—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that it has helped Cyta, the leading communications service provider (CSP) in Cyprus, improve its IP and Carrier Ethernet performance management capabilities. InfoVista’s unified platform for network and application performance management helps the operator ensure the delivery of premium, high-value Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN services in compliance with service level agreements (SLAs).
Through multiple product expansions to accommodate new technologies and services, as well as extensive customer growth, VistaInsight for Networks has remained an important tool for Cyta. InfoVista’s proactive network performance management solution enables the operator to deliver sophisticated service-level reporting tailored to customers’ exact needs, monitor both present and future resource usage, and enable early warnings on potential performance degradation.
Subsequently, Cyta is able to improve the overall customer experience, thereby preventing churn, increasing revenue with high-value customers and growing its business. Plus, by enabling capacity monitoring and planning capabilities, VistaInsight for Networks equips Cyta with the actionable intelligence needed to make just-in-time network investments and control CAPEX, while ensuring that quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE) are never impacted.
More recently, Cyta has expanded its troubleshooting capabilities with 5View NetFlow and 5View Service Data Manager (SDM). With these InfoVista solutions, the CSP’s network engineering and operations teams have unparalleled visibility into application performance; they can efficiently monitor detailed flow metrics and analyze service usage data to better understand how applications are transported over the network, proactively address performance issues and reduce the potential for costly outages.
- Cyta is the primary CSP in Cyprus, and has established the country as a regional telecommunications hub in the Eastern Mediterranean. The operator offers a wide spectrum of electronic communications options for customers, including fixed and mobile telephony, Internet service provisioning and broadband applications. Cyta is particularly active in the area of international submarine fiber optic cables, providing wholesale products and services globally.
- VistaInsight for Networks enables CSPs and shared IT organizations to effectively meet and exceed performance expectations and service-level guarantees of next-generation networks and IT services. The actionable service performance visibility of the solution provides CSPs like Cyta with the ability to rapidly support revenue-generating services by enabling a new level of control over the planning, deployment and operational phases of their next-generation IP networks.
- Architected as a scalable platform, 5View SDM is designed to collect, process and report on the massive volumes of real-time data generated by thousands of flow and application measurement sources found in CSPs’ networks, and enable operators like Cyta to quickly determine the source of degraded performance.
- Cyta relies on Cisco for its network and has also incorporated numerous components from Juniper and Alcatel-Lucent into its services. InfoVista’s ability to seamlessly monitor infrastructure and applications from multiple vendors was very important as was the company’s superior support for Cisco. InfoVista’s software provides broad coverage of Cisco solutions, including next-generation IP networks, Ethernet mobile backhaul, managed VPN and Application Visibility Services.
- “After beginning our work with InfoVista nearly five years ago, it has turned out to be an irreplaceable partnership for us,” said Loizos Georgiou, head of Cyta’s network operations center (NOC). “We put a huge value on strong network and application performance, and InfoVista has truly exceeded our expectations with its monitoring and reporting capabilities. VistaInsight for Networks is the primary tool used by our NOC staff to troubleshoot issues, and elicits very strong feedback from our customers. Not only has it improved their satisfaction, but we’ve also seen tremendous improvements in our own operational efficiency as a result of working with InfoVista.”
- “In today’s competitive telecommunications market, operators are doing everything they can to prevent churn and improve the customer experience,” said Bernard Breton, senior vice president, Americas and APAC sales and chief marketing officer, InfoVista. “We hear time and time again from CSPs like Cyta that the ability to easily track network and application performance, network availability and resource utilization, as well as provide detailed QoS reports that demonstrate compliance with customers’ SLAs is a huge differentiator. We are pleased to help them not just retain—but attract new customers—and grow their revenues.”
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.