PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia – June 18, 2015 – InfoVista, the leading provider of network peformance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, today announced the release of its new Ipanema's virtual engines portfolio, the vip|e. The solution embeds the whole set of features of Ipanema’s leading application performance physical devices offering (also known as ip|engines) – including application visibility and control (AVC), WAN optimization, dynamic WAN selection and network rightsizing – on a single, centrally-controllable virtual machine.
By taking steps to virtualize application performance management both in their data centers and at branch offices, enterprises can future-proof their networks to facilitate software-defined networking (SDN). The vip|e solution is ideal for enterprises with wide and complex networks spanning across multiple branch offices, which aim to reduce the number of “boxes” deployed on remote sites. It dramatically cuts transfer time and negates the need for cumbersome hardware installations.
Ipanema’s virtual engine can be easily deployed in countries with custom-clearance issues, and in sites with limited space or constrained environments. vip|e also supports communications service providers’ (CSPs) Point of Presence-based deployments and provides them with a strong step towards network function virtualization (NFV) and SDN. Lastly, vip|e can be deployed in Cloud-Exchange Hub and Internet peering point to improve access to cloud-based applications.
- “Virtualization is a key priority for both enterprises and CSPs as they seek to reduce hardware operational costs and launch new services more quickly,” said Matthieu Silbermann, Product Management Director, Ipanema solutions, at InfoVista. “Our virtual engine solution allows total control of application performance in a virtual setting and empowers enterprise IT to further prioritize business applications in front of less critical traffic. Since there are no upfront hardware costs, it also offers significant cost-efficiencies.”
- The new virtual engine portfolio is available in four versions to match varying enterprise requirements from a maximum bandwidth of 20 Mbps up to 1 Gbps.
- vip|e is the latest addition to Ipanema’s multi-tenant, objective-based, fully automated and centrally managed solution that tightly integrates all the features required to guarantee business-critical application performance: application visibility, application control, WAN optimization, dynamic WAN selection and network rightsizing.
- Find out how Ipanema, now part of InfoVista, delivers the most innovative and comprehensive automated solutions to guarantee application performance across enterprises’ large and complex networks.
- Ipanema, InfoVista's Application Performance Guarantee solution, has been positioned for the fifth consecutive year in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the 2015 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization.”
- Learn more about InfoVista’s acquisition of Ipanema Technologies.
InfoVista is the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions that enable efficient network and IT transformations in today's fast-paced digital world. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and large enterprises to ensure a high-quality user experience by guaranteeing business-critical application performance and achieving optimal network performance. InfoVista’s expertise and innovations provide more than 1,500 global customers with a new level of actionable application and network intelligence, visibility and control across all services, all technologies, and all domains of both the fixed and mobile networks. Using our solutions, they deliver high-performing and differentiated services, plan and optimize networks to match application and service demands, and streamline network operations while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.