The network is today the nexus between the users and the enterprise, between the business objectives and the IT, connecting more users, devices, applications and data.
In this hyper-connected world where users can consume IT and apps as they please, the volume of data running over the corporate network increases exponentially. The main challenge facing IT departments in 2015 will be trying to do more with the same resources, making sure business productivity and end-users satisfaction are guaranteed while avoiding costs explosion. The optimization of existing IT resources to meet new demands will be crucial for keeping people connected and productive. Hybrid Networks look set to achieve this goal in the coming year.
Hybrid Networks — Stretch your resources further!
Hybrid Networking allows the simultaneous usage of several networks, to interconnect the enterprise's headquarters, datacenters and remote sites.
The main reason to take advantage of hybrid networks is clearly being able to support end-user demands for increased connectivity, mobility and support, without increasing costs. In other words, it lets you do more with less.
Hybrid networks can combine:
- Different telecom operators in an model
- Different transport technologies: MPLS and carrier Ethernet service
- Different application delivery models: private data center and public cloud
20% of the bandwidth is used by non-critical apps… So what uses 80%??
Increasing bandwidth capacity is not enough. More bandwidth you have, more it is used by hungry apps and non-business apps like videos, social networks, or other internet applications.
Taking full advantage of Hybrid Networks means:
- Understand the application mix, usages and performances;
- Making sure network resources are firstly used by business apps (20% of the bandwidth is today used by non critical apps)
- Guaranteeing business apps performance anytime from everyplace
- Intelligently managing traffic across several access lines to deliver excellent end-users experience anytime, everywhere.
- Managing, controlling performance and securing applications over the hybrid network.
Dynamic Hybrid Networking is the only way to efficiently move apps in the cloud, to manage increasing new usages while protecting business productivity and optimizing network costs.
Ipanema Dynamic Hybrid Networking solution allows managing multiple networks as one. It automatically monitors, controls, accelerates and selects the best path among the networks for each individual user's traffic through dynamic “sense and respond” intelligence. It allows enterprises to guarantee application performance for every user anywhere, anytime while containing IT infrastructure costs.
Dynamic Hybrid Networking from Ipanema starts with the enterprise's business objectives and dynamically aligns application performance accordingly using automatically all the available network resources. It then ensures continuous alignment in real time through a unique and patented technology foundation.
Ipanema's Dynamic Hybrid Networking allows enterprises to benefit from all the promises of their hybrid network:
- Guaranteeing business application performance and business continuity;
- Controlling any mix of private and public cloud applications;
- Increasing network efficiency;
- Simplifying IT management;
- Improving IT agility;
- Supporting increasing usages and traffic demand;
- Optimizing network costs.
To know more: