|Cross-domain LTE Service Assurance|
LTE offers Wireless Service Providers a solution to exploding bandwidth demands resulting from growth in content application-based mobile data services. However, the transition to LTE is more than a migration to a new wireless access technology. It is a transformation of the network infrastructure. The move from familiar and reliable dedicated-circuit networks to LTE’s all-IP packet core and evolved access network creates significant challenges for Wireless Service Providers in ensuring their customers’ Quality of Experience (QoE):
- Assuring the quality of near real-time, synchronous mobile services and applications over asynchronous IP
- Overcoming traditional network management silos that inhibit end-to-end network monitoring
- Efficiently and intelligently managing the collection and mediation of massive amounts of raw data to generate meaningful and actionable indicators of network performanceAddressing these LTE Service Assurance challenges is critical for Wireless Service Providers as IP network performance issues in any network domain affect service quality. This reality requires Wireless Service Providers to take a new cross-domain approach to network performance management and monitoring, and bring IP core network management experience and expertise into the LTE’s Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and E-UTRAN.
InfoVista’s LTE Service Assurance solution combines VistaInsight for Networks® best-of-breed, carrier-class IP/Ethernet service assurance features, Mobile Knowledge Pack’s advanced and intelligent capabilities in monitoring performance of the mobile infrastructure of the RAN, and Vista360’s award-winning self-service reporting, unified dashboards and workflow features. The result is a single, unified network performance management solution for the entire 4G and 3G ecosystems, that helps wireless service providers transitioning to LTE to realize faster resolution of service-affecting network problems, improve operational efficiencies and better assure mobile service quality with:
- Depth of experience in all-IP network performance management reflected in actionable KPIs, data processing algorithms and patented technologies
- Open collection and reporting capabilities for mobile networks supporting efficient mining of multi-vendor EMS data and user-definition of vendor-agnostic KPIs
- Ability to visualize LTE Service Assurance across domains in a “single pane of glass” for end-to-end monitoring of network availability and quality of service
- Enabling of collaboration between functional groups to break down organizational silos through tailored, role-based views of the network.