Traditionally, mobile carriers have tried to manage evolution of mobile services by extending their existing network performance management solutions—a strategy that is no longer sufficient due to increasing data volumes and the growing complexity of today’s mobile networks. For today’s mobile broadband requirements, providers need an experience-focused solution that equips them with the intelligence and topology awareness they need to collectively manage their subscribers’ services and quality expectations.
With a comprehensive insight into the radio access network (RAN), complete data core network (including all IP and Ethernet elements) as well as insights into pertinent voice core elements, the end-to-end IP transport path, mobile backhaul network and the applications being accessed, service providers can troubleshoot problems more proactively, and better plan for future traffic needs. This enables them to provide services more efficiently and effectively, and assure the end-user quality experience.
InfoVista’s network and application performance management software solutions ensure the performance and quality of mobile services and applications across the multi-generation RAN, data core, voice core and IP/Ethernet mobile backhaul by providing:
- Holistic, cross-domain visibility across the IP/Ethernet transport infrastructure and adjacent data core, voice core and radio access networks
- The ability for operators to monitor, verify and assure the infrastructure and services they deliver across Ethernet mobile backhaul networks
- Deep visibility into subscriber services to understand mobile application usage and performance
- Superior troubleshooting with expedited access to the multi-domain performance indications from a common platform
- The ability to correlate mobile service impairments to underlying network resources
- The ability to accurately forecast device and interface level capacity
- Business-centric metrics for consumer services that help product management and marketing better plan these services and correctly implement resources to maintain high levels of quality
- In-depth SLA reporting for enterprise and mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) customers
- Linkages and cross visibility between mobile packet core and IP core networks