IP/MPLS Core NetworkNetwork Performance Management and Capacity Monitoring for Your Evolving IP/MPLS Infrastructure
The majority of telecommunications providers, irrespective of whether they are delivering broadband, mobile or business services, have deployed or are deploying a converged IP/MPLS core network. IP—a protocol which enables organizations to switch voice, video and data traffic more quickly and cost-effectively—provides the transmission capacity necessary to ensure performance on today’s bandwidth-hungry data and applications. However, with the incorporation of multiprotocol label switching (MPLS)—a mechanism for emulating legacy technologies and creating virtual links between distant nodes and different protocols—the task of network management has become more complex. This is because of the different class of service prioritizations and additional equipment that IP convergence and MPLS integration introduce.
In this fully meshed IP/MPLS network infrastructure, end-to-end monitoring of services (from providers to businesses and residential premises) is needed to comply with customer service-level agreements—but so, too, is an in-depth understanding of infrastructure performance and planning.
InfoVista’s VistaInsight® for Networks network performance management software addresses these challenges by providing a platform that helps service providers and enterprises to manage the technologically converged nature of today’s networks and services. The solution offers holistic, end-to-end visibility into the relationship between services and network resources, and provides a visionary approach to identifying potential performance impacts that could impair end-user quality experience and throttle new service growth.
- Support for standard network technologies, such as IP/MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, ATM and frame relay, and services, including IP-VPN, mobile data, CMTS, DSL and WiFi
- Real-time visibility into which devices are overloaded, which interfaces are overused and where the network’s paths or links are congested
- Holistic visibility across diverse network infrastructures, enabling service providers and large enterprises to quickly identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems before end users are affected
- A predictive understanding of future device and interface saturation to aid in resource capacity planning
- Comprehension of bandwidth limitations and link cost effectiveness, enabling organizations to ensure consistent network infrastructure performance and the efficient delivery of new applications and services
- A flexible network performance monitoring portal that provides intuitive and differentiated views for operations, planning, and engineering, and also enables a service provider’s customers to monitor performance against service-level metrics