New InfoVista Software Release Will Also Offer Industry’s First LTE-Advanced Support and Enhanced 3D Coverage Modeling for Intelligent Wireless Access Network Planning
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—February 19, 2013— InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced the launch of Mentum Planet 5.6. The upcoming version of the software will help mobile operators efficiently design, manage and optimize small cells to relieve the capacity crunch of their macrocell networks, improve quality of service (QoS) and realize significant OPEX savings.
A natural evolution from its previous edition, Mentum Planet 5.6 is the industry’s first wireless access network planning software to support LTE-Advanced, Release 10 and 11. It provides mobile operators with a toolkit to automatically and accurately design high-quality LTE-Advanced and small cell networks, particularly in metropolitan areas with heavy mobile data traffic congestion. The software also includes enhanced 3D modeling capabilities, enabling mobile operators to predict and analyze network performance and cost-effectively add capacity as needed to ensure the customer experience, while maximizing ROI.
With Mentum Planet 5.6’s advanced heterogeneous network modeling for all technologies including carrier Wi-Fi and LTE-Advanced, mobile operators can pinpoint additional opportunities to improve cell-edge spectral efficiency and hence realize the full capacity benefit of small cells. Furthermore, InfoVista’s software product integrates with social platforms to allow mobile operators to identify where users are active to aid their capacity planning and network optimization efforts.
- InfoVista acquired RAN and wireless backhaul network planning and optimization software provider Mentum in November 2012 in a move to strengthen its solution set across the mobile network lifecycle and customer experience domains. The synergy between the companies enables mobile operators to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Mentum Planet is a robust, easy-to-use software solution that helps mobile operators, integrators and equipment vendors plan, operate and optimize wireless access networks. It supports all major wireless standards such as LTE-Advanced, LTE, WiMAX, EV-DO, HSPA+ and Wi-Fi, and addresses all stages of the Heterogeneous Network (HetNet) lifecycle from strategic planning to ongoing network optimization.
- “Recent surveys have confirmed that mobile operators recognize the importance of small cells, yet they don’t realize what it takes to harness the technology’s full potential and the significant cost savings that can be achieved as a result of smart small cell planning,” said Bernard Breton, chief marketing and strategy officer, InfoVista. “Mobile operators require state-of-the-art wireless access network planning and optimization capabilities, like those Mentum Planet offers, to define and execute an effective small cell strategy that will put them in a prime position to attain a 3x better ROI for their deployments.”
- Find out how InfoVista is helping mobile operators across the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- InfoVista will be attending Mobile World Congress, taking place February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain. Visit the company’s booth #7E70 in Hall 7, or please contact Dina Rodrigues (email@example.com) to schedule a meeting.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Tweet this: Learn how @InfoVista Mentum Planet optimizes #mobile operator small cell strategies http://bit.ly/Znea0m #MWC13
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.