Carrier Grade Performance Assurance Platform Delivers Critical Visibility into Cloud based services.
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—May 23, 2011—InfoVista, athe global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, will introduce its new unified solution for cloud service assurance at TM Forum Management World in Dublin, Ireland from May 23-26, 2011.. Extending its flagship VistaInsight for Networks and VistaFoundation to support cloud-based technologies, InfoVista’s best-of-breed carrier grade performance assurance platform offers end-to-end performance assurance, visibility and reporting for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and other private or public cloud-based applications and services.
“Service providers' cloud -based IaaS offerings must incorporate end-to-end infrastructure, application and service visibility to build trust among enterprise customers and ensure the reliability and performance of enterprise applications in the cloud.,” said Melanie Posey, research vice president of IDC's Hosting and Managed Network Services programs. “Leveraging a multi-tenant, multi-technology and multi-service performance management solution from a company with a proven track record is a smart way for service providers to establish the enterprise-readiness of their cloud-based IaaS services."
InfoVista’s solution provides comprehensive support for all virtualization technologies, including the Virtual Computing Environment coalition Vblock infrastructure packages, a collaborative development of Cisco, EMC, and VMware in concert with their vendor ecosystems that integrates virtualization, networking, compute, storage, security, and management technologies, accelerating the service provider’s time to market for launching cloud services. InfoVista’s solution also leverages virtualization techniques to dramatically reduce the total cost of ownership of monitoring cloud-based services. Additional benefits for the service provider include:
- End-to-end performance SLAs and proactive monitoring and reporting on IaaS service performance and additional cloud service offerings such as Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)
- A flexible and extensible service and topology model that can map physical and virtual infrastructure, including virtual switches, compute, storage, and data center, as well as application flows and components to individual customers and their services
- Real-time cross-domain alarming and an early warning system to proactively identify and troubleshoot performance issues across the interdependent, dynamic and virtual cloud infrastructure
- Optimized costs with the ability to use capacity dashboards to right-size physical and virtual cloud infrastructure
- A Web 2.0 collaborative portal, Vista360, to facilitate collaboration and common visibility between different cloud service organizations
- A dynamic discovery and provisioning mechanism that can keep pace with the elastic cloud, providing immediate service assurance monitoring once the service is provisioned
- A flexible and open platform and reporting mechanism with easy integration capabilities, including the ability to define and report on KPIs and KQIs that fit service provider’s differentiated cloud services and the unique environments of their customers
“Security is not the only concern CIOs have when moving critical business applications and network infrastructure to the cloud. They also want—and need—visibility into how their network and applications are performing,” said Vikas Trehan, senior vice president, network performance management business line at InfoVista. “Due to the sheer volume of the inventory, and the interdependent nature of cloud services, it is virtually impossible to manage the cloud environment with point solutions. InfoVista engineered this platform to provide the end-to-end service visibility needed to enhance and differentiate a service provider’s cloud services from the competition making it possible for them to increase their cloud service revenues by monetizing visibility into the application layer.”
InfoVista will be a participant at the Enhanced Cloud Service Management catalyst at TM Forum Management World 2011 in Dublin. The catalyst is collaboration among companies involved in the Forum designed to demonstrate how service providers can provide unique business value and strengthen relationships with their enterprise customers through enhanced cloud services.
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.
Sterling Kilgore, Inc.
(630) 964-8500 ext. 222