Company Contributes to New MEF White Paper to Further Support the Delivery of High-Performing Business-Class Services and Service Provider Revenue Growth
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—April 3, 2012—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, has reinforced its commitment to helping service providers take full advantage of Carrier Ethernet technology. In addition to having demonstrated a solid track record in monitoring and managing the performance of Carrier Ethernet networks and business-class services, the company has been an active participant in the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) to support the industry’s needs.
Most recently, InfoVista was a key contributor to an MEF white paper focused on applying Carrier Ethernet standards to the needs of cloud computing with respect to the network, and on how cloud and Ethernet service providers and their enterprise customers can benefit from the advantages of Carrier Ethernet within this new model of computing and application delivery. InfoVista focused on the importance of network performance management and service level agreement (SLA) reporting to ensure and prove the value of Carrier Ethernet services, derive increased revenue and effectively differentiate from the competition.
- InfoVista was the first service performance assurance vendor to join the MEF. Since 2006, the company has been committed to implementing MEF standards and recommendations within its market-leading network performance management and SLA reporting solutions. More than 40 service providers have deployed InfoVista’s service performance assurance software to manage their Carrier Ethernet network and services.
- VistaInsight for Networks 5.0, the latest release of InfoVista’s flagship network performance management solution, leverages the building blocks of Carrier Ethernet services (P2P E-lines and MP2MP E-LANs) to enable service providers to deliver sophisticated offerings and support revenue growth. Its network and service performance and SLA reporting capabilities empower network managers, engineers and planning and operations teams to proactively ensure the delivery of business-class services in alignment with MEF standards.
- VistaInsight for Networks’ service model and report templates include EVCs, FD, FDV, FLR, UNIs, CoS, VLANs, queues, pseudowires, MPLS LSPs and more with the necessary relationships between these objects. The software supports leading Carrier Ethernet network equipment vendors, such as Adva Optical Networking, Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Cisco, Huawei and RAD, out of the box, and easily extends to cover network equipment, element management systems, and test probe data from other vendors.
- InfoVista is also a top-tier, Connected+ member of Alcatel-Lucent’s OSS Connected Partner Program. Its certified and pre-integrated service assurance solution, VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), helps service providers accelerate the delivery of new Carrier Ethernet offerings and the migration to next-generation networks, while reducing OSS integration costs, time and risk.
- “Key to the success of Carrier Ethernet service providers that are delivering business-class services is their ability to provide differentiated and high-performing services and derive revenue from associated SLAs that comply with MEF specifications,” said Kevin Vachon, chief operating officer, MEF. “We are pleased to have InfoVista as a contributor to this new MEF white paper on the role of Carrier Ethernet in the delivery of private cloud services to enterprises. It’s great to see that the company is focused on continuously aligning VistaInsight for Networks with the most recent MEF specifications, and supporting both the global acceptance of Carrier Ethernet and the objectives of service providers offering such services.
- “Carrier Ethernet is enabling service providers to offer high-bandwidth, high-value corporate connectivity services, while achieving greater flexibility and cost efficiency from their core network infrastructures,” said Vikas Trehan, senior vice president, product strategy and alliances, InfoVista. “We are committed to accelerating the technology’s adoption, fulfilling the service performance assurance needs of those offering such business-class services, and being an active participant in the MEF, so service providers can get the most out of Carrier Ethernet and untap it as a key source of revenue.”
- Learn more about InfoVista’s unified platform for network performance management, application performance management and SLA management and its solutions for Carrier Ethernet service providers.
- Download the MEF white paper, “Carrier Ethernet for Delivery of Private Cloud Services”, and InfoVista’s white paper, “Accelerating Revenue Through Carrier Ethernet Service Differentiation”.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News”, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.