Company Becomes the Leading Provider of IP and RF Planning, Assurance and Optimization Solutions, Enabling Efficient Network and IT Transformations
PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—November 28, 2012—InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions, today announced that it has acquired Mentum, the industry's leading RAN and backhaul network planning and optimization solutions provider. The acquisition is part of InfoVista’s strategy to strengthen its solution set across the network lifecycle and customer experience domains, enabling operators to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
For the last 20 years, Mentum’s constant innovation has led to a commanding market share, which includes more than 100 LTE customers.
This first acquisition for InfoVista since it was acquired by Thoma Bravo in March 2012 brings a combined user community of thousands of experts spread over 250 mobile operator customers in more than 120 countries. It strengthens both the Company’s market reach and its ability to offer a reliable path to self-organizing networks (SON).
InfoVista will leverage Mentum’s strong assets, expertise and technology and integrate it into its existing solution portfolio. The synergy between InfoVista’s and Mentum’s products and services will help mobile operators to:
- Deliver CAPEX-aware infrastructure dimensioning;
- Benefit from a single partner for all technologies across all functional cycles;
- Deploy a reliable path to Self-Organizing Networks (SON); and,
- Further monetize their network assets.
- “Following the launch of InfoVista's SON solution at Management World 2012, the Company’s acquisition of Mentum demonstrates its commitment to become a major player in providing hybrid SON,” said Mark H. Mortensen, Principal Analyst, Analysys Mason. “Incorporating real-time information and forecasted network intelligence into the RAN and IP transport planning processes will enable InfoVista to offer the accuracy and efficiency essential for optimized and just-in-time RAN and backhaul investments.”
- “I am excited about the vast expertise of the mobile market that the talented Mentum employees, customers and partners will bring to InfoVista,” said Philippe Ozanian, CEO, InfoVista. “This acquisition brings together extensive radio and IP expertise, uniquely positioning InfoVista as a solution provider that can tackle the increasing complexity of next-generation mobile networks.”
- “InfoVista’s acquisition of Mentum is a natural evolution that aligns with the need for mobile operators to strike a balance between customer experience and capital efficiency triggered by the data explosion,” said Philippe Catherine, CEO, Mentum. “It is clear to us that the disciplines associated with the management of the network lifecycle should be increasingly integrated to drive operational efficiencies and this acquisition is a clear step in that direction.”
- Learn more about InfoVista’s acquisition of Mentum.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News”, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Tweet this: .@InfoVista acquires #RAN and #backhaul network planning vendor @Mentum http://bit.ly/Wb1hUY Strengthens #NPM and #SON offerings
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 600 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.