PARIS, France and HERNDON, Virginia—May 20, 2015—InfoVista, the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions for a better connected and collaborative world, will co-present with Oracle the proof-of-concept Catalyst project, “Zero Touch Network-as-a-Service: Agile, Assured and Orchestrated with NFV,” at TM Forum Live!, taking place June 1-4 in Nice, France. Catalyst participants also include Juniper with project champions Axtel, Charter Communications’ Spectrum Business, MEF and PCCW Global. This project will demonstrate how communications service providers (CSPs) can achieve end-to-end network-as-a-service (NaaS) delivery that is fully automated and assured.
The Catalyst project combines TM Forum and MEF standards to enable zero-touch orchestration and assurance for a complex Carrier Ethernet service. This Catalyst aligns TM Forum’s ZOOM program and MEF’s Third Network vision for NaaS. InfoVista, specifically, is working within the Catalyst team to provide NaaS assurance, enabled with real-time customer care and performance management reporting of the service from end-to-end. The project will also showcase a blueprint for full NaaS orchestration, helping CSPs achieve business agility as well as radically simplify the user experience.
- “InfoVista has been heavily involved in the NaaS concepts put forward by MEF and was co-author of the organization’s Third Network Vision / Strategy Paper,” said Sylvain Quartier, SVP, product management & markets, InfoVista. “This Catalyst builds on that work by pulling in new viewpoints and learnings from the diverse memberships of MEF and TM Forum, as well direction from three leading global CSPs. Ultimately, this Catalyst will enable CSPs to transition to NaaS with dynamically synchronized OSS components.”
- “The purpose of TM Forum is to bring together industry leaders from around the world to solve the many obstacles faced by operators today,” said Ken Dilbeck, VP, collaboration, TM Forum. “We are thrilled to see that collaboration go beyond our membership to include other standards bodies in the digital services industry like MEF. This project is sure to offer tangible learnings for global operators deploying, orchestrating and managing virtualized services, building on our members’ work over the last 18 months to establish NFV/SDN best practices.”
- “InfoVista has been very involved in championing our Third Network vision, and has contributed substantially to the underlying work within MEF to make that vision a reality,” said Kevin Vachon, chief operating officer, MEF. “We look forward to continued work with InfoVista in this Catalyst project, and beyond, to enable a new class of dynamic, assured and orchestrated services for CSPs to offer their business customers.”
- TM Forum’s Catalyst initiative encourages digital and CSPs, and other ecosystem players, to develop innovative solutions to address specific industry problems and needs. Every six months, new Catalyst projects are developed, culminating in live proof-of-concept showcases at TM Forum events such as TM Forum Live!.
- This Catalyst project is based on a successful NaaS proof of concept performed by InfoVista and Oracle at MEF’s GEN14 event in November 2014. The previous proof of concept, “Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Network-as-a-Service Orchestrated and Assured," demonstrated how CSPs can include service orchestration, automated provisioning and other new services defined by SDN/NFV within their NaaS packages.
- Read a blog post about InfoVista’s work with MEF to establish NaaS orchestration and service assurance best practices.
- Download a whitepaper produced by InfoVista and Heavy Reading that outlines the necessary steps for CSPs to successfully transition to NFV / SDN.
- Find out how InfoVista is helping CSPs, mobile operators and enterprises around the world to better plan, operate, optimize and monetize their networks.
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn and Twitter.
InfoVista is the leading provider of network performance orchestration solutions that enable efficient network and IT transformations in today's fast-paced digital world. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and large enterprises to ensure a high-quality user experience by guaranteeing business-critical application performance and achieving optimal network performance. InfoVista’s expertise and innovations provide more than 1,500 global customers with a new level of actionable application and network intelligence, visibility and control across all services, all technologies, and all domains of both the fixed and mobile networks. Using our solutions, they deliver high-performing and differentiated services, plan and optimize networks to match application and service demands, and streamline network operations while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.