InfoVista is a results-oriented provider of IP and RF network planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions and services, with a clear focus on leveraging the rich data that can be collected from networks for the purpose of managing network performance, and maximizing network efficiency and customer experience. This is achieved through our demonstrated know-how in multi-domain, multi-vendor and multi-technology networks.
InfoVista proudly serves more than 600 customers worldwide, including 80 percent of the world’s largest communication service providers, more than 250 mobile operators, and a roster of government organizations and global IT-intensive enterprises in many industries, including financial services, energy and utilities.
The MIS Group within InfoVista is responsible for all aspects of internal MIS support to the InfoVista work force. The team ensures that reliable and effective MIS and communication solutions are provided and maintained across all the InfoVista offices worldwide.
MIS is looking for an engineer to join its helpdesk operation in North America. Based in the company’s Gatineau office you will be responsible for the management and delivery of the Helpdesk service which serves the 45 people in the office and around 50 people across North America.
The mission is to provide users with a unique quality experience in all aspects of their use of MIS technology deployed to meet their business needs.
The successful candidate will organize and deliver day to day MIS support through a Helpdesk unit. The helpdesk provides 1st and 2nd level support for users either remotely or onsite using problem solving skills and knowledge of the platforms used. The candidate will liaise closely with customers to understand business imperatives in order to prioritise tasks and expedite solutions in a timely manner.
The helpdesk is also required to perform daily monitoring of our infrastructure and perform daily maintenance, diagnostics and administration tasks on servers and network equipment.
Administration tasks required include:
- Server maintenance (Backups, security, Anti-virus on 2003, 2008 and 2012)
- Basic management of office network infrastructure (Switches, cabling, patching, moves , etc)
- Performing administration tasks on Exchange and window file servers (access rights, adds, deletes etc)
Using a CRM system respond to client side issues either from Web requests, emails or through our helpdesk telephone, tasks include :
- Deploying new and repaired PC’s
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware and software problems
- Resolving remote access connection difficulties
- Support users having difficulties with standard software apps
- Support for our telephone and video conferencing facilities
- Well developed sense of service, strong user empathy, pro-active and self-motivated personality.
- Strong communication skills including good writing ability, telephone manner and listening.
- Effective prioritisation and time management skills. Able to deal with situations of stress.
- Ability to plan and execute small projects in a timely manner with measurable project results.
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years + relevant practical experience in a similar role in a medium sized organisation.
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with at least one of the following major BackOffice products, such as Office 365, SQL and Sharepoint.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft applications and operating systems.
- Well developed HW and SW troubleshooting skills on Servers, PC’s and Network equipment.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies TCP-IP, SNMP and VPN.
- Network and Remote access experience, especially in remotely solving complex problems.
- Experience with Unix/Solaris/Linux a plus.
- Bilingual (French/English) applicants would be preferred.
Interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.