Enterprise ITNetwork and Application Performance Management Tools for Application Response Time, WAN Optimization, Virtualization and Data Center Optimization
Enterprise IT departments need to ensure that business-critical applications are available and of high quality. Millions of dollars can be lost in minutes when online purchasing operations, bank transactions or inventory systems fail. In addition to these direct costs, significant indirect costs are incurred when IP-based data-sharing services and applications don’t adequately support employee productivity. As these shared applications become more and more performance-sensitive, the underlying IT infrastructure is becoming increasingly complex. Datacenter consolidation, next generation IP/MPLS and Carrier Ethernet network, adoption of public cloud and managed private cloud services, and increasingly bandwidth-hungry applications are breaking the traditional models of application performance management and application response time measurement.
InfoVista’s integrated performance assurance solutions enable enterprise IT teams to evolve from a reactive and tactical management approach to one of managing by business priority, where delivering optimal application and service quality becomes the focal point of IT operations. InfoVista provides the right combination of management tools, technologies and best practices, meet service level expectations, support capacity planning initiatives, and proactively minimize the impact of infrastructure performance degradations, which enable enterprise IT teams to ensure their organization’s most mission-critical applications and services.
InfoVista’s unified application performance management and network performance management platform enable Enterprise IT organizations to consolidate performance assurance requirements, manage and prioritize business critical applications, and ensure an optimal end user QoE, with:
- Vendor-agnostic collection of performance data across heterogeneous network and server environments, and out-of-the-box support for all key transmission protocols and common monitoring technologies for IP-based applications—including NetFlow monitoring, quality of service (QoS), and deep packet inspection (DPI)
- A single, intuitive and configurable presentation and collaborative portal that facilitates contextual performance views of both the services and infrastructure domains.
- A service-centric model that intelligently associates IT resources with services, functions and properties (e.g. groups of users, applications, technologies, geographic locations, business lines and service offerings) to ease real-time navigation through resource views, performance reports, KPIs and associated functional properties.
- Real-time insight into which applications are running and the interrelationships between applications and network and datacenter resources, and how much bandwidth each application is consuming
- In-depth analysis of application response time and quality, both key factors in end-user satisfaction
- Performance-based troubleshooting and pre-emptive capacity monitoring, which enable IT to resolve potential problems before end users are impacted as well as ensure critical business continuity
- Preconfigured alarms for detection of abnormal behavior, such as slow application response time, high retransmissions, or server inactivity
- Management of virtual and physical servers from a single platform, and out-of-the-box support for virtualization and consolidation activities